chapter fiftyfive

unselfish

       Grinning, she tucked herself closer to the big warm lump in the bed beside her.  She didn't know what she loved more.  The lump or the lump's bed.

       "I didn't bother reading the rule book, but I think I heard somewhere that guests weren't allowed in living quarters after dark.  Or in your bed, ever.  Sleeping in late, is frowned upon I'm sure.  Not to mention you've had to miss a few meetings by now.  Gasp, the horror of it."

       He tried to pull her closer, which was impossible, so he rolled over her.  He wore that smile she adored so much and the love in his eyes was nearly blinding.

       "I believe it is now time for a proper good morning."

       "I don't think that's in the handbook."

       "Then I will order it be added immediately."

       "Spoken like a true spoil brat.  Oops, sorry.  I meant future King."

       "Jessalynn."

       She rolled her eyes.  "Good morning, Kellum.  I don't think I've ever had such a restful night's sleep in my life."

       "Good morning, Jessalynn."  The kiss he gave her was as tender as the look he gave her. 

       As he took in everything about her, she blushed.  She could imagine how her hair must look.  He didn't seem to have any complaints as he kissed her again.

       "I have to go but I want a few promises from you first.  I want you to pass on committee today."

       "No problem there."

       "I want you to be on time for work out, with no plans on working out."

       "Again, no problem."

       "And I want you to be looking exactly like you do right now."

       Jess cringed for effect, but she really felt about ten feet tall.  Giddy.

       Dear Lord, someone is going to have to shoot her for real this time.  In the face because she was sure that stupid dreamy smile was back on her face.

       "Don't let the masters of the universe beat you down."

       Sighing, she watched him enter a small chamber that appeared out of the wall.  When he left it, he had a candora laying over his arm.

       "I'm sure big mouth has already let them know we spent the night together, so I won't be too offended if they want a virgin test ran or something.  Oh, that's right.  I wasn't a virgin.  I could wear a chastity belt."

       With one arm, he scooped her out of bed.  "I would be offended."

       She knew he meant this kiss to be a quick one but before long he was nibbling on her bottom lip.

       "Make sure you have breakfast.  Once I leave you can ask Dezrick for the bathing chamber."

       With a smile, a candora that must be hers appeared on his other arm.

       "Speaking of Dez, why isn't he harping at us?"

       "I turned him off.  I will see______."

       "Off?  There's a freaking off switch and you never told me?"

       After this last kiss, she was about to suggest they go back to bed when he took that moment to disappear.