05

"Okay boys, this is our shot. Are we ready?" John asked everyone, and they all nodded their heads in excitement. Some of the boys were a bit nervous, but if anything could get them gigs, it was doing this one. They weren't too pumped that it was at a church, but a gig was a gig.
    "Alright, lets go then," John said excitedly, and they all came upstage.
    " 'ello everyone, we're the Quarrymen, and we're here to perform for you today!" John shouted into the mic. Very few people whooped or cheered, and it was a bit discouraging, but nothing could bring them off of their high of performing.
They began to sing a few folk songs, and the crowd ate it up. They began to sing with them, and it only made john that much more confident. As soon as it was over, the boys began celebrating.
     "Alright boys, we need to get ready for our later performance, but I am very proud of our band! After the later performance, drinks on me!" John yelled once they were backstage getting all of their equipment from the previous show.
     "Hey Johnny, nice show," said a voice from behind him. He turned to see his good friend and part of the band, Ivan, walk in.
     "Thanks. We worked our asses off," John replied, and then noticed the boy that was with Ivan. "Who's that?" He asked, and continued to retune his guitar.
     "Well that's why I'm here, this is Paul. He plays the guitar and is a hell of a singer. I think the band could use him," Ivan gushed, and Paul just stood there while John scrutinized him.
     Paul made a bold move and began to just play. John admired his confidence, and noticed that Paul was way more fluent with his guitar than he. He began to sing, and it was melodic.
Once he quit, Paul realized how entranced John was while he watching his fingers his fingers fly across the guitar. He smiled because he knew that he had impressed the older boy.
John didn't want to seem to impressed by the younger boy's skills, so he tried his best to seem unfazed.
"Alright, well you're okay on that thing. But if you'll excuse us, we have a gig," John said, and Paul became discouraged. He thought he had charmed him, but apparently not.
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to everyone who supports this! VOTE, COMMENT, and share to anyone who would like it!!