10

"You're pretty good. I might lose my man card for this, but can you teach me how to play like you do?" John asked, and Paul was impressed and surprised. John struck him as the loner type who didn't need any help.
    "Yeah, sure. I really like your singing. That raspy voice, mine has always been softer," Paul admitted, and John was in awe. I guess everyone truly sees the bad in themselves even when they aren't bad, Paul has a great voice, john thought. But of course, he could never say that out loud.
     "So you put your fingers here, and get used to switching them back and forth, there you go. Just like that," Paul said as john placed his fingers in the correct spots.
     "You make it look so easy!" John complained, and Paul laughed.
     "It takes time, and I still make mistakes," Paul reassured him, and john felt better about it. John didn't know how in awe the younger boy already was of him. The way he played a certain character onstage that was fun and lovable, but could get serious behind the scenes. It was enchanting and mesmerizing to see john work the crowds. Paul thought that he could never have that sort of confidence, to really talk and connect with people like that.
     "You written anything?" John asked, and the younger boy thought for a moment. John could see the hesitation in the boy's doe eyes. John flashed him a reassuring smile, and Paul seemed to calm down,
      "Yes, a bit. I don't think it's good though," Paul responded honestly, and John scrutinized him.
     "Can I hear it?" John pushed, for Paul was just beginning to open up to him. Paul hesitantly nodded, and began to strum and sing.
      At the end of the song, john just stared in awe and admiration. He had never heard anything like it. Paul looked at the ground in embarrassment. He had never shown anyone but George his songs. This was a bit out of his comfort zone.
     "Do you think we could play that at the next gig? That was really good! You could have lead vocals of course," John said, and Paul thought for a moment. He knew that this would be his only chance in the spotlight, and the other boys would have jumped at the chance to be out of John's shadow. And so he felt obligated to accept. Him and john began to talk out lyrics, and they really mashed as a writing team. John was shocked at Paul's maturity and talent.
     "Can I talk to you about something?" Paul asked, sounding unsure of himself.
     "Sure," john said, and continued to strum his guitar, practicing the new skills Paul had taught him.
      "Do you think that a buddy of mine could possibly join the band?" Paul asked while staring at the floor, and he winced waiting for john to scold him.
     "I don't know," john said simply, and Paul decided to drop the subject. He had a good thing going with John, and he didn't want to spoil that. George would have to wait.
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to release chapters as fast as I can! I really like this chapter though... but i don't ship lennon/McCartney. I just have that as my name bc I love both of them too much to chose. I ship Paul and George TBH. VOTE, COMMENT, and share to others who would enjoy!!!❤️❤️❤️