09

"No! Absolutely not! How dare you try to-"
"Interfere with my band like that?" Ivan finished for John, who was fuming. Paul awkwardly stood there with his guitar around his neck. When Ivan had suggested he played with them tonight, it had sounded like such a good idea. It would be a subtle thing, and He could just slowly transition into the band, or at least, that's what Paul thought.
     "You know what? Fine! But when they start leaving, we'll all know whose fault it was!" John seethed. Paul reluctantly joined the band members backstage.
      John didn't talk to Paul, but Paul noticed that John looked at him as if he was below him. It made him feel angry and insecure. Finally, they got buzzed and went on stage.
     "Hello Liverpool!" John shouted, as if they'd left the city or something. Most of their school crowded in, and John was a bit disappointed that Mimi had skipped out. This wasn't exactly her scene, and she found his playing a nuisance any road.
      Everyone in the ground radiated excitement. This was something they'd never seen before. This was Rock N' Roll. This was rebellion. This was dissociation. This was cool. People drank and danced as they played.
     John even later admitted that Paul was "pretty damn okay with that thing." Meaning his guitar. John went home with a pretty red-head and they spent the night together.
Paul was pretty pleased with himself because he was pretty sure John had accepted him into the band. He eagerly told his best friend, who was immediately envious. Paul told him that he would try to work him into the band, but he was already on thin ice with John, so he shouldn't get his hopes up.
Mimi even said that she'd heard about the big turnout at the cavern, and she was proud of him, but doubtful he'd go anywhere.
"That guitars right as a hobby," she started, and he rolled his eyes, "but it won't earn you any money," she finished, but he didn't feel discouraged. Nothing could bring him down from his high of performing.
-------------------------------------------------------
Welp, enjoy! (Hopefully, I think this story sucks, but you seem to enjoy it soooo)