11

"Johnny! What a surprise!" Julia shouted and embraced John in a tight hug. He smiled and felt nothing but love around him. He hadn't felt this way since his uncle died, and he was just glad to get his mother back in his life. She seemed to fill this empty void that was in his soul that he never realized was empty.
    "Hey, mum! It's been awhile. I feel bad that I haven't visited more often," john admitted glumly, and Julia took his face in her hands and lifted his head until his eyes met hers.
    "It's really okay," she said, and he liked that she was honest with him. He didn't feel like she was sparing his feeling or looking down upon him. They were equals, and she talked to him as she would talk to anyone else.
     "Did you hear about the show?" He grinned, and she smiled. Her red lipstick contrasting her perfect, white teeth. Her curls bounced as she nodded giddily.
     "I heard the turnout was incredible! I was going to go, but little Julia here got sick. I'll have to make the next one. Can you play me a little something now?" She asked, and he thought of what to play. He finally settled on a song him and Paul had written. As he sang and played through the chords, Julia watched the concentration on his face more than anything. That was the difference between them. He liked to watch Paul's fingers fly across the strings, and he like to get results. She focused on the getting there, and the attempt more than the result.
    "That was amazing. What song was that?" She asked, and he smiled and looked down. Her approval meant a great deal to him.
    "Me and this new kid in the band wrote it," he said, and she nodded thoughtfully. He had always liked that about her. You could always tell she was truly listening, and thinking about what you said.
     "Do you think I could meet him? What's his name?" She asked, and he responded. He began to tell her about how he admired his grateful playing until one of the girls interrupted him because they wanted to have a tea party with Julia. John was a bit upset that they didn't have more time together, but he promised to visit more regularly. He also told her their next performance, and she made note of it on her calendar. Suddenly he was antsy to get to their next gig just so he could see her smile again. He finally found a mom, and no one would take that from him.
-------------------------------------------------------
Okay, last one for tonight! I'll post bright and early for you!!! And yes, there will be more Paul and john moment because YESSSS❤️ VOTE, COMMENT, and recommend, loves💜