Chapter 4: Friends

Gray's POV

I am just sitting here trying to find words to express myself. I don't know why but it seems like I am a whole different person when I am arround her so I don't want to mess up this opportunity. I want to be her friend.

Still, this silence is a little awkward. If I don't start talking soon she will get bored and leave before I can properly apologize. I sighed. This is it.

"First of all I want to apologize again for what happened this morning when you woke up.", I said and looked directly in her eyes. She blushed and immediately turned her look.

"I-It's ok...don't worry", she said not looking at me. I felt like she only said that to make me feel better.
"I don't expect you to forgive me right now, you know...but I hope we will be friends someday", I said and silence filled the room.

Why isn't she saying anything? She isn't even looking at me! This is so frustrating...I have to stay calm though. There is nothing else for me to do. It is her choice if she will forgive or not. I made a mistake and I have to deal with the consequences.

I am sorry that I failed to make her my friend but there is nothing else left for me to do. As soon as I stood up and started going towards the door I heard her sweet voice...

Juvia's POV

He came here and apologized even though he didn't have to. It just proves that he has a good heart. Yay! My Gray-sama has a good heart! Where did that 'sama' come from though? Who cares, I like it!

As soon as I made eye contact with him I thought about all the times he made my heart melt. I turned my look immediately because I don't want to look like a stupid girl in love in front of him.

He continued talking but I was in my imagination right now. I noticed that he never called me by my name. How could he know it since I only introduced myself when he was gone.

He suddenly got up and started walking towards the exit. No, don't go!
Well, I should have expected that because he was practically taking to himself this whole time. I have to make him stay!

"Gray-sama", I softly said trying to get his attention. He turned arround almost immediately looking in my eyes. I smiled and got out of the bed. My leg felt better and it was my time to speak now.

"I forgive you Gray-sama, don't worry." I gave him a smile and took his hand. He was just looking at me while his smile grew wider and wider.

Gray's POV

She said that she forgives me. And she really ment it this time! My happiness can't be described right now. Watching her smile in front of me made me smile too.

For a moment I felt like I lost control of my body. My hands flew towards her and hugged her tightly. Surprisingly, she hugged me back. I felt happy that she accepted me.

We slowly broke the hug.
"Sorry...couldn't help it", I said scratching the back of my head.
She giggled. Her smile was heavenly.
"It is ok, don't worry about it. We are friends, aren't we?" I nodded and we walked out of the room going towards the living room.

I couldn't help but notice how I apologized to her today twice. I don't know if I ever apologized twice to anybody in my whole life. She just makes me lose my character all the time. Well, it can't be helped. She is truly special after all.

Juvia's POV

We were walking together towards the living room. He seemed like he was lost in his thoughts so I took the chance and stared at him the whole time. He was walking with his hands in his pockets, like usual, and he was smiling.