Chapter 5: Darkness & Light

Juvia's POV / *in her dream*

Cold
That is all I can feel.

Dark
That is all I can see.

It is like I am stuck in this endless dark fog all alone. There is no light, no end...no hope. It made me picture all hard moments in my life...they came like flashbacks...memories.

I was running trough it trying to find the end of it. Something in me kept telling me to stop, to give up, that there is no hope left and I just don't know why...

But in every light, there is darkness and in every darkness there is light. Both of them can not exist without the other. That is what my mother always used to tell me.

That is why I didn't lose hope. Seeing all those moments made my heart almost break. I was slowly being swallowed by the darkness in me.

More and more flashbacks came flashing trough my mind untill it came to one recent...The moment when Gray saved me...when I was broken...

Gray

That is right. I am not alone in this. All of this won't break me...All this pain will only make me stronger!

And now I have friends...a lot of them actually...I managed to crack a smile.

Suddenly, a light could be seen trough the fog. It seemed familiar in a way so I rushed to it. When I came closer I sow someone that I thought I would never see again...

It was her...my mother...Rose, standing there, smiling. A tear fell from my cheek as I towards her to hug her...but I couldn't...she was like a ghost...more like an angel though.

"Listen darling", she continued, "I have no time to explain you the details but you are truly special...This is all just a dream you have to wake up from.", she stopped.

"Mom", I looked at her with my eyes full of tears, "I have missed you."
When I said that her eyes softened and a tear escaped from them as well.
"I missed you too, sweetheart, but you have to listen to me carefully now. You have to be strong and wake up from this dream. You still have a lot to live for, Juvia", she paused for a bit.

"Darkness is threatening to rule the world. You are the only one that can stop it.", she said that a little sad...she was still my mother and I she was worried about me.

"But...why me?", I was now a little confused...but a little angry at the same time.
"The world kept rejecting me my whole life, mother. It has been really hard for me to deal with it alone. Why would I even fight that so called 'darkness' ?" She sighed closing her eyes.

"Because they want you", she paused and looked at me with her teary blue eyes.

"Things are not always how they seem, Juvia. Your journey will reveal the truth and answer all of your questions...", she paused for a second and smiled ,"and I know you have someone to fight for."

I smiled and blushed a little. This was actually the prove for me that she still watches over me. It made me happy.

"If that is your wish for me, mother, I will do it...I will make you proud."

"I am already proud of you, sweetheart", she said and started disappearing.

"Wait! What is so special about me, mother? How am I the only one who can do it?", I said and she just smiled.
"The moon will guide you..." After that she disappeared and a light path appeared in front of me. I sighed and stepped into it leaving my imagination.

Third Person POV / *reality*

The circle was almost complete. Juvia was still asleep as the misterious mage was slowly casting a spell. He had to keep the dark fog in the same time so it went much slower.