Chapter 14: Snow

***

I'm still running, making my way to Juvia and trying to refrain myself from turning back. That burden on my chest is making me hard to even move my body, but still I ran as fast as I could.

The hallways of the castle seem even longer than usual, minutes lasting more than centuries, my heart continuously beating, fueled with adrenaline, fear, worry and anger at the same time.

I must hurry, mostly because they can't distract Black for a long time and because I'm worried sick about her...Juvia. I know she's probably safe but I just can't help it.

When I finally got to Juvia's room I quickly opened the door not even bothering to knock. The sight in front of me made me even more angry than I already was. She is trying to protect herself from him. Nathan. What the heck is he doing here?! He was outside just a moment ago...

When they noticed me Juvia quickly got behind my back and Nathan just stood in place not even trying to get near us.

"Get out of my sight, Andrews! I don't have time to waste on you", I said trying my hardest to control my anger. I don't want to scare her.

"Fullbuster", he said, slowly making his way towards me, "You think you are so strong and mighty but you are nothing but an insect. I could kick your ass anytime", he said confidently but something was still off. I could see some kind of fear in his eyes. Is he that afraid of me?

I don't think so. But that's not my biggest problem right now. I don't have that kind of luxury to waste my time on him so I'll make this quick.

I ran towards him taking him off guard and slamming him on the wall. He tried to get up but I wouldn't let him.

"I'll tell you nicely one more time, Andrews. If you don't disappear from here this instant I won't hesitate to eliminate you for good", I threatened, not like I really intended to kill him or anything but it sounded more frightening that way.

"Now, get out of my sight!", I said and stepped back going towards Juvia and noticed him getting on his feet right after.

"This isn't over, Fullbuster", he said giving Juvia his last look and teleported somewhere. Are my eyes playing a trick on me because I think I just sow a concerned look in his eyes. That can't be possible, though. Or is there something else going on that we don't know about...

Well, I don't have time to think about it right now. We have to hurry.

"Gray", she calls my name giving me a hug afterwards, "Thank you for saving me. I'm really grateful to you but...why aren't you with the others? What happened?", she asks, slowly breaking the hug. Her eyes are attached to mine, as if she is analysing me. I'm sorry Juvia but we have no time for this.

"We have to hurry, Juvia", I ignore her questions an start dragging her by her hand. I will explain everything to her later, when she's truly safe.

"Gray...", she calls me but I still ignore it focusing only on where I'm heading to. I can hear it in her voice. She's concerned and worried, uncertain if she should just continue running with me or stop. Her steps suddenly start slowing down.

"Gray!", she raises her voice trying to get my attention. I completely stop running, "Stop dragging me around and tell me what's happening", she sais.