Chapter 13: Nightmares

***

Tonight stars seem to be shining less than usual for some reason. The moon stole their spotlight, glowing like never before. It almost seems unnatural.

It's quiet. The only thing I can hear right now is the sound of light wind under the moonlight and occasionally some animals running past the castle. They were looking for a place to hide from the cold December.

Everything can be described in two colors. Black and white. The black sky and everything else white, buried in snow which seems to keep falling and falling until it buries every other colour in the world.

It's amazing how much you can see when you just open your eyes, even when you're looking trough the window like I am right now. The nature around you...You can't touch it but you can still feel it.

Nostalgia. It's taking over my heart. The memories of my family flashing trough my mind in the speed of light. The snow, my family...Deliora...and Ur.

And once again I start reliving my memories, one by one, the good and the bad...I've lost a lot of people who were precious to me. My mom, my dad, Ur...all of them...

Turning my look towards the bed I see Juvia peacefully sleeping, hugging her blankets so tightly like a little child awaiting for her mother to warm her up.

She lost her family like I did. Life was so cold to her. Her fears, sorrow and pain were being washed away by the only thing she had left, rain. It used to be her only friend.

But now she's got Fairy Tail.

Just like I found a new family here she found her place as well. With us...with me. I'm not going to let her go like everyone else did. I'm going to protect that beautiful smile on her face...

No matter who I'm up against, I'll protect her. Even if it means going against Black on my own...

I slowly walked to the bed and laid close to Juvia, now starting to think about the today's meeting. Nothing has been decided yet. They don't want to rush things, I understand that, but if we don't do something soon they might come looking for us...

As I was lost in my thoughts Juvia found her way to me and put her head on my chest. I pulled her closer to an embrace and closed my eyes trying to empty my mind and sleep.

But I just can't shake this strange feeling in my heart...the stars are too pale, this breeze seems unusually cold...

I guess It's just in my head.

***

"Ur!", I said happily running towards her to give me a hug. She's here...She's standing right in front of me, hugging me tightly. I can touch her, I can feel her embrace...She's with me like she never left...

Why do I feel so cold though. Something feels really odd. Her hug isn't warm, it's cold as ice making me cold as well so I broke the hug, but as soon as I did it she started to disappear, cracking into pieces just like ice.

Wait...what's happening here? What is happening to you Ur!

'Ur!', My struggles were pointless...She couldn't hear me, she couldn't feel me...my voice was getting quieter and quieter by every second passing. She turned into dust rising up to the stars.

Then everything turned dark, like in a theater play when they lower the curtains when an act ends. A thousand questions flashing trough my head. No answers though.