Chapter 15: Her Resolve

***

Desperation. Sadness. Determination. Power. And Anger.

She is like this every single day. Training in hopes to become stronger, to become someone who can save somebody, not just someone who always needs to be saved by others.

It's getting hard for me to continue watching her like this. Her suffering...her pain...It's like she doesn't have anyone to rely on.

But she has me! She is still mad at me and it is getting ridiculous. I don't want to watch her like this. I want to help her. But my interfering will only make things worse.

Still, I did nothing wrong! I tried to help! I...I only tried to help...What can I do now?

I can only watch her furious feelings spread, more and more, as she dances with the moon every night. Her magic is magnificent, but only because sadness guides it with the fire in her eyes. If there wasn't any sadness the only thing that would remain is revenge.

It makes me so angry...the fact that, she is suffering. She gets further and further away from me every day and the cold gets even colder every night. She is changing. All of this will hopefully make her stronger.

"Water Magic: Moonlight Vortex!", she screams as the vortex forms around her. Everywhere she goes the snow melts, replaced by life. Grass. Flowers.
That is what her magic is.

Life. Her magic gives life...and the dark sun takes it away. She gives life, but she is still unhappy.

"Water Magic Secret Art: Moonlight Ray!", she yells, now spreading her arms towards the stars. Thousands of glowing water rays start falling towards the earth like shooting stars.

How long is she going to go on with this? I know she is beyond exhausted but she still keeps going. 

"Water Magic Secret Art!", she yells yet again lifting herself up towards the sky, "Moonlight Ange...", and without finishing her spell the magic around her disappears. She starts falling towards the ground.

"Ice Make: Floor", I quietly say and the ground around me becomes covered with ice. I quickly slide towards her catching her very carefully while she is falling.

She barely managed to open her eyes. Her eyes meet mine. This is the same as the first time we met...when I found her...when I told her that everything will be fine.

It is a little different this time though. Beauty and power radiate from her. She isn't miserable. On the contrary, she's powerful, mature and alive.

"Gray...", she pronounces my name falling asleep afterwards. I'll let her sleep for now. When she wakes up we will clear things up between us.

                            ***

I woke up, but my eyes did not open yet. It's morning, but it feels unusually warm. The feeling sure is nostalgic. I wonder if I am still dreaming? I wonder if the feeling will disappear if I open my eyes?

I don't want it to end but there's no point in fantasizing. My eyes finally opened and what I sow invited a smile on my face.

It was her, Juvia. She is sleeping beside me with her head on my chest and he arms on top of me. I will stay like this for a while until she wakes.

When I put my hand around her she moved a little.

"Did I wake you up?", I ask. She just slowly push herself up in a sitting position rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning sleeping princess", I say trying to lure a smile on her face.   She, then, suddenly gives me a hug making me freeze for a few seconds.