Chapter 8: Behind The Mask

A/N
Thanks a lot for 100+ reads guys! I really appreciate it. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Third Person POV

After that unexpected incident, Fairy Tail mages found themselves locked up in a dungeon prison. Nathan was there too, for some reason. They were still unconscious, sleeping and searching for answers.

What will happen now? Why are they even here? There must be a reason for all of this.

Who were those soldiers? Why were they so weak at that time? It seemed like Luke overpowered all of them easily. But how...?

And finally, should they even trust him anymore? Nathan, son of the mighty helio, the dark emperor. Who did he actually want to save?

All of these questions will be answered when the time comes. Until then let's keep going to find the truth.
And let's keep dreaming.

Nathan's POV

"Wake-up, sleeping princess."
I heard a harsh male voice comming from somewhere. My head was a mess, feeling dizzy and still recovering.

I was trying to open my eyes noticing how the voice was getting louder and louder by the moment. When I did it I sow a soldier bringing something that looked like food. I'm just sick of all this soldiers. Great, just great...

The soldier left food for everyone and left leaving us in the dark, literally. My vision was blurry but I could tell how dark the room was with only one small candle in the middle.

I tried to get up but I couldn't. My body was still weak. What exactly halppened that day? I felt useless...we didn't even stood a chance against Luke alone.

However, my plan worked...in some sort of way. We got closer to them, didn't we? Now I can proceed with my own plan.

I ate the food they left me to regain some of my strength. I then noticed Gray regained his consciousness too.

"So...", he said coldly, "what are you planning to do now, Nathan?", he said turning his look towards me.

I smiled and after finally managing to stand up I went towards him and offered a hand. He took it and stood up too.

"Well, I plan to do what I came here for", I said , "to save my family from imprisonment."

"Your father is here, isn't he?", Gray asked laying his back on the wall. I could see he was at least as weak as I was at that moment.

"Yeah...", I answered

"So you did actually just use us", he said crossing his arms.
"Don't get the wrong idea, Fullbuster. Even I haven't anticipated this...but we're here", I explained, "so let's use this opportunity to do what we came for", I concluded.

Gray sighed.
"So, what you're saying is that you have a plan on how to get out of here?", Gray asked looking rather calm for some reason. Is he trying to get some information from me? This is going to be interesting.

I smiled.
"What makes you say that?", I asked.
He gave me a look. "I'm not an idiot, Nathan", he stated, "you look too confident for someone who was thrown in a dungeon like some piece of shit", he said, obviously waiting for my answer.

I didn't answer so we stood like that in silence until he spoke up again.
"Look", he put his hands in his pockets and went towards me, "I know that you have no business with me or Fairy Tail anymore but tell me", he continued, "even if you get out of here how do you plan on getting your father, unnoticed?", he asked. "It's not like you can use your teleportation to get out of the castle", he smiled when he noticed that my eyes widened, "if you could you wouldn't need to go trough this mess."