Prologue

Prologue

It all started on the day of my 17th birthday...

Well, I guess it started earlier than that, now that I think about it.

You could say it started when I was 13. The day I picked up my first romance novel.

It was called Two Hearts, One Love. Sara Love, the main character, was a new student to this school full of people that just hated her.

She dressed weird and had a shy personality. The only person that didn't ignore her and treat her bad was Logan Baker.

And you know what happens. They fall in love and everything ends happily.

Blah blah, happy ending, good for them.

It was definitely one of my favorite books.

That was what began it all. I was intrigued by the genre so I just kept reading book after book after book.

I should probably tell you my favorites so you can understand this whole story.

Talk Nerdy To Me. Parker Smith and Alexandra Rios. Alexandra needed a tutor and so Parker was assigned to her. Feelings were developed and...

They fell in love.

Obviously.

Blind. Caleb Terrence and Rebecca Francois. Rebecca is the head cheerleader. Caleb is the son of a gang leader. But...

They fell in love.

Obviously.

Those are my three most favorite books. I loved them.

Back to my 17th birthday.

As I sat before my chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and sprinkles littered all over it, the candles lit as everyone comes to the end of singing happy birthday, I only had one wish on my mind.

So as I prepared to blow out my candles, I made a wish.

Childish? Maybe. But all I was thinking as I blew out those candles were...

I wish my life could be like my romance books.

It was a silly wish, of course.

It's not like I thought it would actually happen.

But it did.