Chapter 19

I groan against his chest

I groan against his chest. "I can't explain anything."

"Tell me why." Reece says, steadily rubbing circles over my back.

Giving me the best kind of chills.

"There's just some things you don't need to talk about."

Like Maggie.

"Fine. Understandable. Just tell me who you're with." Reece says simply.

"I can't."

"Why not?" He asks, frustration creeping into his voice.

"They don't want anybody to know." I say, my voice muffled.

He lifts my chin up and I melt as soon as his dark eyes meet mine.

"I can keep a secret." Reece says, running his thumb over my cheek.

I hold back a shiver as he leans down and kisses where his thumb used to be.

"I..." I bite my bottom lip as his lips travel closer and closer to my own.

"I can too." I murmur.

He pulls back, and my arms fall to my sides.

"So, you're not going to tell me anything. I've told you pretty much everything and you're not telling me anything about how you're going to be gone for two days?" He asks.

"You can change the time and make it so it's not as long. Also, you haven't told me everything so I have a right to not tell you everything." I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

Reece looks at me and his eyes narrow. "What did they tell you about me. They must've said something, I can tell by the way you're looking at me. What did they tell you?"

"Reece-"

"What did they tell you?" He asks again.

I look at the grass. Don't say it.

"Maggie." I say slowly.

He's unbearably silent. I look up at him and see that's he's staring at the ground like I just was with a stone cold look on his face.

"Oh." He manages to get out after a while of silence.

"Reece I'm-"

"No." Reece holds his palms out. "No." He says again.

I step forward and reach out to him but he steps back, shaking his head.

"Who told you. Who the hell are you talking to?" He asks, the anger obvious in his voice.

"I can't tell you." I mumble.

Reece laughs coldly. "Right. Whatever. Have fun with whoever the twisted person is that's holding you hostage." He turns around and walks away.