Chapter 24

I cover my mouth to stiffle what is soon to be a scream

Her once full of life green eyes are open, staring lifelessly at the ceiling.

Talia looks over to where I'm looking and her mouth parts slightly when she sees what I'm looking at.

"Athena-"

"Stay away." I grit out, pulling away from her.

Does Reece know? How must he be feeling right now?

I barely knew Dani and there's still an intense feeling of pain and sadness in my heart.

A tear runs down my face as I stare at Dani's lifeless form.

This can't be happening.

Slowly backing out of the room as everybody watches me, I close the door behind me softly.

I grab a chair from the living room and prop it under the door knob so they're trapped inside the room with no way to get out.

Just for a bit.

Walking back into the computer room, I pick up a baseball bat conveniently placed outside the door.

First set of computers.

It shows footage of the school. Logan. Sara. Angelica.

I swing the bat against the computers, continuing to hit at them until they begin to crack and break.

Second set of computers.

The warehouse. My fake house. The park. Other places I couldn't recognize.

I see Reece holding his head in his hands in an unrecognizable room.

Staring at him for a few moments, I put my hand up and touch the screen.

I pull my hand back and swing the bat hard against the second set of computers, these ones easily breaking.

The glass shatters across the room but I don't feel anything.

Third set of computers.

I see Diana Cole lounging on a lawn chair as her pencil skirts across a piece of paper she holds.

I see a woman speaking to Harper. Harper's hair glitches from red to brown as she shouts at the woman.