Chapter 15

"Wait." He mutters right before my lips touch his.

Only centimeters apart in his car, once again.

I hold back the frustrated groan building up inside me.

"What." I force out, gritting my teeth.

"I don't think it's a good idea." He says, leaning back so our lips are even farther apart.

I force myself not to scream in frustration. "Do you not understand that I have been literally wanting to-"

"I know. But you wanted to kiss Logan for like 4 years. You read the book. He was your dream guy. He is your dream guy." Reece says with a stone cold expression.

"Stop pushing me away. It's not them who's not letting you kiss me. It's you. Just..." I trail off.

He looks over at me and I squeeze my eyes shut, shaking my head.

"Nevermind." I mutter, profusely embarrassed.

"Athena-"

"Goodnight." I say before Reece can say anything else.

I open the door and close it behind me. I start walking away but then I hear a voice call after me.

"Athena! Uh...wait! You forgot something!"

I turn around and Reece is walking towards me, holding my phone.

"I swear my phone was-"

"In your pocket. It was. I took it out when you opened the door." Reece confesses.

"How do you even do that? Nevermind, why would you do that?" I ask.

"Because I need to tell you that it's not because I don't want to. It's just not supposed to happen." He tries to explain, waving his hands around but I'm not listening.

His mouth is moving but no words are coming out. For a second I wonder if they're screwing with me but then I realize I'm just staring at him.

That's not creepy.

The way he talks. The way his dark hair looks all messed up in the cutest way possible.

The slight scruff that shows he hasn't shaved in a bit.

His dark eyes that seemed so empty at first but now I could just stare into them forever.

I didn't realize I was getting closer until I was right there.

I also didn't realize he stopped talking until my gaze traveled down to his lips.

"Reece."

He's silent as he looks down at me. "Yes?" He asks, his eyes never breaking mine.

"Kiss me." I murmur, stepping even closer and putting my hands on his chest.

Reece tenses up and I run my hands up his chest and then to his shoulders.