Chapter 27

Talia grimaces as murmurs travel around the group

Kierra glares at me and I uncomfortably shift from foot to foot.

Nick looks around with a bored expression.

"I have to admit, you're stronger than you look." Talia says, walking towards us as Nick and Kierra follow behind her.

"And Reece, so nice to see you after all these years." She says bitterly.

Kierra glances at Dani then back to me. "I understand why you threw me across a room now and smashed all my computers. I wouldn't say I forgive you for it though."

Reece looks at me, his eyes wide. "You what?"

"Long story." I murmur.

"Well, long story short, Athena flipped once she saw your friends body, smashed some computers and Talia's toe like the 10 year old she is, and also threw Kierra across the room in anger. It was great, really." Nick says, crossing his arms over his chest.

Reece stares at me, his mouth open in surprise. All I can think to do is to shrug my shoulders helplessly.

Turning my attention back to Talia, I cross my arms. "You need to explain-"

"Well, let's talk later. There's an 85% chance that they're about to initate the Preocatan Procedure and we need to get to a neutral place." Talia says as a door opens.

Everyone stares at Talia blankly with an undertone of panic when they hear a set of footsteps.

Dani wrings her hands together. "What?"

"Don't worry about it. Zac is what?" Talia looks at Nick. "What number?"

"Around 100." He replies, shrugging his shoulders carelessly.

Talia snorts. "Everybody just stay still. This isn't a manipulated area but I'm sure I can figure something out."

My blood runs cold as the footsteps come closer and Reece pushes me behind him.

Everybody stands helplessly behind Nick, Talia and Kierra as the footsteps gets closer and closer.

I know it's Zac this time.

I was fairly lucky when it was just them the first time.

I'm not sure if I'll be lucky this time. My heart beat quickens again when I realize it's not just one set of footsteps.

"It's more than one person." Reece says out loud, coming to the same conclusion.

One person, if you can even call it a person, walks around the corner.

Multiple surprised gasps come from the group, as some cover their mouth.

The thing's face is disfigured, their nose scrunched up and one eyebrow much higher than the other. Her lips are almost nonexistent as she smiles.