Ch. 9

Kimberly and Matteo.

***

Matteo Casciani :

It was dinner time. Dinner was always hectic.

I found myself in front of her door. Since she was new, Kimberly needed to know how things run here and where things are. I could easily find someone to help her settle in, but I couldn't help but feel responsible for anything that could happen to her. Even with my tight schedule, I made it, so that will assist her until she's comfortable.

I knocked on the door.

"Are you ready? Dinner is about to start."

The door swung open, and she stepped out. Her hair was slightly wet, probably from taking another shower. The last time I saw her drenched was quite a view. I was amused when she didn't think twice when pouring the cold water onto herself, revealing what she was wearing underneath.

"Great. I'm starving." She said, closing the door behind her. I watched a droplet of water form on her forehead. I followed it as it ran down her temple.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked, sounding insecure.

Right before it was going to drip off her face, I wiped it with my thumb. I looked away from my hands that cupped her cheek, and into Kimberly's green eyes, under them, her cheeks flushed. Trying to figure out what she was thinking, I felt something in the pit of my stomach. Something that I felt when she was around. It also appeared during our fight earlier, right when I caught her.

I coughed, trying to get that particular feeling to leave, and pulled my hand away. Without a word, I walked off to the staircase, and Kimberly followed.

Maybe it has something to do with the stitches. I will have to ask Kimberly to look at it later.

Kimberly Stratus :

The dinner was family style, big bowls with different types of food laid out on the dining table for anyone to serve themselves. The kitchen was big enough to fit everybody without giving up any elbow space.

I sat next to Matteo, who was currently helping himself to some soup. Feeling shy, my plate was barely full as I watched people passed the bowls of food to one other and helped themselves. I managed to get some Caesar salad, but that was it.

"Salad is a side dish, not a meal. Here," said the guy sitting across from me, who I recognized from the donut shop, as he held out a bowl of pasta in front of me.

"Thank you," I said, gladly accepting the pasta shaped like shells.

"Marinara or Pesto?" he asked, looking around.

"Marinara sauce, please."

The guy slightly stood up from his chair, trying to locate the bowl of red sauce.

"Lorenzo, pass the fucking marinara."

"Aiden, why don't you get your fat ass up and get it yourself." said, who I believed was, Lorenzo. "You need the exercise for your chicken legs."

"And you need some exercise for those scrawny arms of yours." He replied back.

I took this time to check out both of them. The two guys were in great shape. They continued to bicker back and forth, and the bowl of tomatoes sauce, olive oil, garlic, and basil stayed still. A movement beside me made me look away from Aiden and Lorenzo. Matteo was sliding me a bowl of green liquid.

"Pesto is just as good." He said, not looking up from his plate.

Since I wasn't going to get the bowl next to Lorenzo anytime soon, I settled for the Pesto.

Multiple conversations were happening. Besides the verbal fight between Lorenzo and Aiden, people were talking about their day. Somehow the conversation shifted to me.

"So, Kimberly, how did you get your license suspended?" A girl sitting a few chairs away from Aiden asked. She was a pretty blond with blue eyes. From overhearing the conversation she had with the guy next to her, her name was Marcella. Hearing the question, I turned to Matteo.

"I don't know. Matteo, how did I lose my license?" I asked, pretending to be clueless. He shrugged, pretending that he too didn't know.

"I didn't get his information before giving him stitches since he was unconscious. After he woke up, he asked for water. When I returned, he was missing." I summarized.

"He left?" She asked. I nodded my head, shoving the last bite of pasta into my mouth. "Like he does with his one night stands." She said, smirking as she got a reaction from Matteo.

He gave her the 'you're going to pay for that later' look.

One night stands, it seems like what Matteo would do. He was a man, a busy one that didn't have time for a relationship. Other than that, my other guess would be that he didn't know how to feel emotionally. I've been with Matteo for a whole day, and he only showed one emotion so far, amusement.

I don't know why I had to refrain myself from pouting.

***
Short chapter, sorry.
Please do vote, comment, share, and follow !!