Ch. 25

Kimberly Stratus:

I opened my eyes and immediately shut them. Everything was so bright. It's been along time since I saw sunlight.

"It's locked! That's weird, the side door of the garage is always opened." I heard Stefano's voice.

"Do you have the keys?" Milo asked, sounding like he was next to Stefano.

I heard the jingling of keys and figure he was trying to unlock the door that led into the garage. I forced my eyes opened when I realized something. Milo and Stefano were so focused on the door a few yards away that they laid me down against the garage, leaving me unattended. I quickly closed my eyes and went back to the position I woke up in, pretending to be unconscious.

I deeply inhaled and exhaled. On the count of three, I'm going to get up and run for my life.

One. Two. Three.

I lurched my body forward but my legs failed me.

"That's not the key, Stefano." I heard more jingling.

Okay, on the count of three.

One. Two. Three.

I was on my feet in a ragged movement. Not looking back, I pushed myself to lift up my legs to run away.

"Stefano! Look!" I heard Emilio yelled, the sounds of running footsteps followed after.

I tried to quicken my pace. I ran not knowing where I was going, following the road that led away from the buildings. It was seconds later until I was tackled to the ground. I scrapped my knee, wincing as dirt got into my opened cuts.

Even with Stefano holding me down, I tried to get him off of me. My attempts were useless. He was quick to get off of me but had his grip on my wrist. Emilio caught up with us. 

"I opened the door already. Let's hurry."

Emilio moved to my side to grab my elbow but was stopped by Stefano.

"No. I'll carry her."

He swooped me into bridal style. This position was uncomfortable since I had my hands tied behind my back. I tried my best to squirm around to stop him.

"Help! Somebody help me!" I yelled, resorting to my last option.

I screamed as loud as I can, even with Emilio's hand over my mouth.

Matteo Casciani:

I branched off with Marcella, heading the opposite way I told my members to scout.

"We'd be dumb if we didn't check the basement," Marcella said as she led the way.

Finding it was no problem, the door had a hanging sign with "basement" written on it.
I was the first to enter, doing a quick check for an all clear. I gave her a signal, telling her that it was safe to come in.

Fortunately, there was no one there. Unfortunately, that was Kimberly included. Although, there were signs of hostage.  

At the center, dried blood covered the floors. The sides of the walls were littered with water bottles and bowls filled with uneaten, now rotted, food. One of the four corners had newspapers laid down to prevent the pile of poop to reach the cement ground.