Ch. 16

Matteo Casciani:

It was 7:30. 30 minutes until we go to the meetup place for the shipment.

Aiden and Giovanni gathered in my room, getting ready. I was about to hand Aiden an extra loaded gun to put in his backpack, but I saw him stuffing a bunch of snacks into his bag.

"Really? " I asked.

"Don't lie. You get hungry too."

The shipment exchange does take a long time. We don't get home until midnight, that is if everything goes according to plan.

I tossed the gun to Giovanni, "I'm going to get Kimberley."

"Yeah, you are," Giovanni said, licking his lips and winking.

I sent him a glare before walking out of my room. I reached her office door. Kimberly's back was faced towards me. She was also packing. Next to her was Marcella, sitting on the hospital bed with her bag beside her.

"Are you girls ready?" I asked.

Kimberly looked over her shoulder to look at me.

"One second." She said, shoving one last thing into her bag. She closed it and swung the black bag over her shoulder.

"Are we all riding in one car?" Marcella asked.

"Yeah, it's bigger exchange. We were told to go in groups of four." I informed her.

"How many groups?"

"Three, including us."

"You mean we are going with Aiden and Giovanni?"

I nodded.

It was eight when we all piled in the car. Giovanni was driving, I was in the passenger seat, and Aiden was sitting with the girls in the back. Originally, Aiden was supposed to drive, but we all agreed it would be safer if Giovanni weren't sitting with Kimberly and Marcella.

Kimberly Stratus:

I didn't know what was supposed to happen, but I'm feeling nervous.

All Marcella told me was, "Pack up all your doctor stuff. It's time to do your work."

It wasn't long until we reached an abandoned building right in the outskirts of the city.

Giovanni parked, and we all got out of the car. I followed the group into the alleyway. Mafia has this type of love for alleys. Most of the meet ups happen in them.

"What's suppose to happen?" I asked, hoping they would like to shed light on what's going on.

"It's a shipment exchanged with another group." Marcella explained, "We're playing back up just in case they don't want to cooperate." She raised her hidden gun that helped me understand why I was needed.

"So we just wait?"

"Yup." Aiden said, "Here."

He handed me a small ball. I sent him a questioning look.

"It's an ear piece." He told me, "Everyone is connected. That means whatever you say they can hear and vice versa."

This must have been what Aiden was wearing when he was in front of me in the donut line. I tried to put the device in my ear, but it kept falling out

"Introduce yourself when you put it in your ear, so you don't confuse people. Since you're new, they might not recognize your voice." Matteo said, taking it from my hand and securing it in my ear.

I tried to ignore how my heart was beating at his act of kindness.

"It's Kimberly, the doctor," I said, doing what Matteo told me.

"Where's your gun?" Matteo asked me.

I didn't carry a gun, but I have a feeling I shouldn't tell him that. I caught Marcella's eyes. She shook her head.

"It's in my bag." I lied.

"I see him." I heard someone talking through the earpiece.

"Is he alone, Leo?" Marcella asked.

"Yeah." Leo answered, "Hold on, something is off. I can't see."

"Who's walking up to him?" I recognized Alessandro's voice.

Everyone I was with was confused. We all jumped at the sound of a gun shot.

"Our exchanger is down!"'Leo yelled. "Shot by the guy."

"There are other people with him." A girl informed us.

"How many?" Matteo asked.

"Five."

"Get their location."

Matteo lead us to out to the alleyway. I figured that we were far from the place of the exchange since we were running without worry.

"Anyone recognize them?" Giovanni asked.

"Nope," Leo answered.

"Matteo, they are two streets down from you."

Hearing that they were close to us, we stopped running. It was dark, only having lampposts as a light source. We carefully jogged and kept our eyes out.

I was behind everyone. After all, I didn't have a gun with me.

I heard car keys jingling off in the distance. Squinting in the direction of the sound, I could make out a figure of a guy walking towards a car. I would have thought he was a random person getting ready to drive to get dinner or something, the fact that in his other hand was a gun I think I got the hint.

I tapped on Marcella's shoulder. She turned around and raised her eyebrows. I pointed towards the man.
She blinked a couple of times and squinted. Marcella nodded and aimed with her gun.

Marcella motion caught Matteo attention. She gave him a side glance for permission, which was a nod from Matteo. I held my breath as I watched her pulled the trigger.

Unfortunately, she missed. Marcella got the window shield of a car, setting the alarm off.

"What the fuck?" The man yelled as he turned around, holding his gun.

Marcella was quick to recover. She aimed again and shot him. I watched his body went limp as he hit the floor.

"Sorry, I choked," Marcella said, meaning that she messed up the first time. Since Giovanni has a dirty mind, he heard it differently.

"Don't worry. Most girls can't handle all of me." He said, giving his signature wink as he licked his lips.

***

Please vote, comment, share, and follow :)