Ch. 13

Samuele Doveri as Aiden Adami.  

***

Kimberly Stratus:

I didn't get a wink of sleep. My heart was beating like crazy, and Matteo was tap dancing in my head. Half of me was mad at myself, knowing what his intentions were. He only wanted to get in my pants. The other half wanted more of him.

Time passed by as I laid in my bed. Should I tell him I'm sick? Nah, he'll know I'm not, I was okay yesterday. I should say I got food poisoning from the sushi.

I was dreading six o' clock. The exact time of Matteo will be at my door, waiting for me to get ready for training.

I went on my phone, which was connected to the Mafia's wifi. I had gotten so many missed phone calls from Charlotte and Lelani.

A sudden knock at my door shocked me, my jump making my phone slip from my hands and onto my face.

I bit my lip to bear the pain. I walked towards my door, wishing it had a peephole.

"I'm sick, Matteo," I said in my best fake sick voice. "I think we should skip training."

"Open up," Marcella said.

I swung the door open, after hearing Marcella voice. I poked my head out, looking left and right. Seeing that it was all clear, I pulled Marcella inside my room and locked the door.

Marcella wasn't in her regular clothes, skinny jeans, and a tee. Instead, she was wearing sports clothing. I broke out into a smile after figuring out why.

"Turns out Matteo is also 'sick.'" She said, using her fingers as quotation marks, "So he asked me to take you to training."

ㅁㅁㅁ

"Why aren't we going to the gym?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt.

"We're going to do some special training." There was something off about Marcella today. There was a strange glint in her blue eyes.

Instead of driving into the city, we drive further up the hill to what looked like a camping space.

"Training for surviving in the wilderness?" I asked, sarcastically.

"No." She rolled her eyes. She opened the trunk and grabbed a black duffle bag.

"Am I burying a body?"

"Shut up and follow me." She said, tossing the bag over her shoulder. She leads me to a trail, mostly hidden by the growing plants. It leads to another small clearing. Far away I spotted some targets.

Marcella dropped the bag to the floor. She tied her hair with the hair tie on her wrist. When she was done, she unzipped the bag and dug around.

"I'm going to teach you how to use this bad boy." Marcella pulled out a black pistol. I watched her quickly load it as if this was 100th time doing so.

When she was done, she stretched her arm to hand it to me. I pushed it away.

"I'm a doctor. I save lives, not take them." I told her.

"But it's for self-defense." She said, trying to convince me. "And you'll be shooting at the targets today."

"Let's head back home," I told her, walking toward the direction we came from.

"Kimberly." She said, grabbing my arm and turning me to face her, "Mafia business is nasty. If you get put in a situation, you have to think it's either your life or their life."

Living with the mafia, so far, hasn't been as problematic as the people made it seem. There wasn't any gun shootings or hostage holding.

I shook my head, "There won't be a time for that. I won't have to shoot a gun."

***

Don't hate me. The chapter is REALLY short.. and serious. I was going to add Matteo's point of view in here, but I decided it needed its OWN chapter.

Please show much love by commenting, sharing, voting, and following :)