~ EIGHTEEN ~

~~

~~

"

I'll see you later, then." Bella said. I was dropping her off back home from Port Angeles.

We began to go out together again. It was nice for everything to go back to normal. Bella and I were fine. Jacob and I were fine it was like everything was falling together exactly where it was meant to be.

A certain scent threw me off and I grabbed Bella's arm instinctively. "Wait up, someone's here."

"Who?"

I looked around and next to Bella's truck, just out of view, was Alice's car. My heart began to race but not out of joy. Bella still hadn't seen her car so, it might be possible to lie to her and just drive away. But if I do that, Bella would never forgive me.

"Avery, who is it? I don't see anybody." Bella persisted.

"It's, um," I slowly let get of Bella's arm and began to regret everything. "It's Alice." Before I could say anything else, Bella rushed inside. "Bella, Bella! Just wait!"

I chased after her. Then, as soon I was halfway there another scent hit me. Alice wasn't the only vampire there. I continued on but I wasn't sure what my real motivation was anymore.

Now Alice's voice sounded much higher to me. "Bella, we thought you were dead!" When I walked in, I felt as if I were being stared down. "I couldn't see anything because of you." Alice snarled at me.

"Avery..." I heard that, ever familiar, Southern drawl say my name.

"Jasper..."

All we could do was look at each other. It was like we were absorbing all of this. I wanted to just run and hug him but, not in front of Alice. It already seems as if she has another reason to dislike me.

"It smells like wet dog!" Alice blurted out.

"Look, I don't need any snide remarks from you, if anyone is allowed to say something it is definitely not you." I told Alice, my anger building. She had no right to insult me and I wasn't going to let her continue.

Jasper stepped between us. "Bella, we came here to talk to you. Avery and the rest of the wolves have been blocking Alice's vision. The last thing she saw was you jumping off a cliff, so we assumed you died."

"Okay, Bella's alive. Is there something else?" Jasper's grim tone suggested there was something much worse.

Alice spoke instead. "Edward read my mind and he believes you're dead. I had a vision and he plans to kill himself."

"How would he even do that?" I asked, mostly for Bella. She was in immense shock and I could feel it.

"He's going to try and reveal himself to the public, if it works the Volturi will kill him."