~ THIRTY TWO ~

~~

~~

"I didn't know you were going to be here." Jacob said, as though it didn't bother him at all that I was there.

"Neither did I," We paused for a moment, and just looked at each other. "But I'm glad you're here."

And I had a feeling he was glad about it too.

"How's everything been?" Jacob asked. He just wanted to keep the conversation going. He once told me he liked hearing me talk, not for a specific reason, he just enjoyed my voice.

"Alot has happened." I smiled. How could I not smile around him?

And he smiled right back. "I heard you fought Alice."

"Yeah, everyone's heard."

"Why? You were getting good control over your temper. It was unexpected."

I lost control over it because of Jacob. I wanted control of my temper because I wanted to stop putting myself in danger. I wanted to be safe because Jacob wanted me to be safe. Without him, it didn't matter so much.

I wanted to tell him that but, once again, I also wanted to hold back. But I was keeping my promise; so no more holding back my feelings

"It was because of you," Jacob looked surprised. I guess he expected it to be for someone else. "I was pretty angry about what happened."

"R--Really? I thought--"

I let out all that I had to say. I wanted to make things right again, and this was my opportunity. I didn't plan on wasting it.

"It was never him, Jacob. It's always been you." I wholeheartedly admitted.

"But you seemed so happy whenever you were with him. And Jasper was always finding a way to see you."

"But I was always more than happy with you. I loved you," At first, I never meant to let that out but I would be lying if it I didn't say it. In fact, that wasn't exactly what I felt. "I still do."

Then Jacob looked at me, yet it was so much more than that. He looked at me like I was the stars. As though, I held all his hope and happiness in my hands. And then, there was relief, because he knew he could trust me again.

Jacob was close. He was still looking at me. I could feel his fingers as they lingered over my hand. I opened my hand slightly. We were just barely touching each other but, it was enough.

Things didn't feel perfect yet but, they were getting better. And that's all I wanted.

"She's having a vision." Bella said, snapping Jacob and I back into reality. She was looking up the stairs at Alice.

Alice held the stair rail tightly and was looking down with a frightened expression. Suddenly, her eyes flicked back up and she became almost frantic. She rushed down the stairs and right past us.