~ TWENTY THREE ~

~~

~~

Edward had asked me if I could begin driving Bella to and from school, in order to provide her with protection. Bella and I didn't live too far from each other, and it would benefit me as well, so I had said yes.

Bella was going to the diner with Charlie today and I drove her to the police station. Drives with Bella were mostly quiet unless she brought up a topic to break the silence.

"Edward got me plane tickets to go to Jacksonville to see my mother." Bella said gently.

"That's good, are you gonna go with him?"

"I want to, but then I don't know. I'm worried that him seeing me with family will change his mind about turning me."

Bella had caught me up on everything that had happened with the Volturi. I remember when she had told me, her voice was so full of shock, and I just sat there acting if I had never heard of the Volturi. Guilt was the only emotion I had felt when she told me everything, because I couldn't tell her everything.

"I don't think he'll change his mind. He has the Volturi on him, after all. I think that's enough to make him go through with it."

With that said, we arrived at the police station. A couple of officers were going down the front steps in a hurry. I was curious as to why there was a hurry, Forks was a very quiet town. Well, it was quiet beyond the world of vampires and werewolves.

Bella and I walked into the station and to Charlie's office. He had just finished talking to a man and woman. Papers were in their hands that matched a paper left on his desk. 'MISSING' headed the paper in big bold letters. Charlie looked down at the paper, stress all over his face. The picture on the missing flyer was of the man who had been missing for awhile in Seattle.

"It's been a year since he's gone missing, and still no leads." Charlie said, gesturing to the paper in front of him. "And there have only been more going missing in Seattle since."

More? I should be expecting a letter from Jane soon if more are going missing.

Bella spoke to Charlie for awhile before I decided to leave. I gave her a subtle "see you later" and went to my car. As I walked out of Charlie's office, I heard my name come from him.

"Why has Avery been driving you everywhere lately?" He asked Bella.

"Um... I just want to spend more time with her." Bella improvised.

"Oh, um, alright then." Charlie said awkwardly, he never seemed to learn how to talk to Bella. "As long as you're not trying to spend more time with Edward."

My phone vibrated as a text message came through, pulling me away from listening in on their conversation. It was from Jasper.

Alice had another vision, Victoria's passing through the treaty line later this week. She thought we could use you and the others on the other side.