~ TWENTY FOUR ~

~~

~~

I slid on the hard road and felt my hands scrape against it. I knew my arms would be bleeding and stinging all over but, with the rush of adrenaline, I couldn't feel it yet.

Victoria was rushing past where I had stood moments ago. Jasper's arms had reached out in an attempt to grab her but she went right past him. I saw him speed away after her.

I blinked a few times trying to regain myself. My mind was being overflowed with thoughts from the rest of the pack. They were all shouting thoughts at one another. At one point, Paul's thoughts got extremely loud and angry but too much was happening for me to realize what was going on.

I got up slowly and walked to my car. My shirt had torn slightly on the side and there was a road rash where my skin was exposed. I took deep breathes to try to ease the pain over most of my body, but it was difficult. Stinging, burning pain was always the worst type. It's like an alarm of pain that doesn't go off.

I sat in the drivers seat and laid my head back. I needed some medical assistance but I couldn't call the ambulance. My dad would panic and so would Jacob, I couldn't do that to them.

I tried to reach for my keys in the passenger seat but the pain on my arms was intense. Moving in the slightest caused a wave of pain. I needed to calm down, I needed my thoughts to be clear but, so much was happening. How could my mind be clear?

I searched for my phone, I knew it had to be somewhere in my car. The search was lengthened by how slow I had to move in order to avoid more pain. After a few mintues of searching
I heard it ring and searched frantically, ignoring my pain. I answered it assuming it was Jacob, and it was.

"Avery, we lost her." Jacob said, slightly out of breath and disappointed.

I took a deep inhale to try and hide my pain from showing in my voice. "She wants revenge so, she'll come around again."

Jacob paused before responding, I worried that an indication of my pain slipped through. "But she was so close," Jacob groaned loudly. "If only that Cullen hadn't decided to cross the treaty line and distract us."

That must've caused Paul's extremely loud thoughts. I was desperate to know who it was. "Who?"

"Emmett, I think that's his name."

I sighed in relief, Emmett was strong. He could take care of himself against the pack so, he more than likely just fine.

I heard the sound of leaves being rustled harshly, and it was coming closer. It was either Jasper or Victoria. My heart began to race in fear. I wasn't in any kind of condition to fight or run away. I heard shoes skid down the road as someone came to a halt. The person had to be near where I had landed.

"Avery!" I exhaled, it was Jasper calling my name.

My worry quickly came back as I realized I was still on the phone with Jacob. Him hearing Jasper would only make things worse between them, the last thing I wanted was for anyone to get upset. I waved my hand to get Jasper's attention. Then, I quickly moved my head out of the car and put a finger over my lips to try and get him to be quiet.