Interview with ChristopherWebster

Welcome all.

Hi ChristopherWebster, thank you for agreeing to this interview.

Tell us a little about yourself and your background?

I live in Canada. I am a father of twins. I have been interested in storytelling since I was a kid and have been writing steadily for the past few years.

My book is called Bad Camp and it's a young adult survival adventure about a troubled boy named Marcus who is sent to a mysterious "brat camp" where there are no adults, no rules and a ruthless clan of teenagers to deal with.

So, what have you written?

(*Include books, novellas, short stories, poems, blogs, awards or anything of interest.)

Bad Camp is my first novel, but only because I mostly write screenplays. In fact Bad Camp started as an idea for a film, but I couldn't crack the story in such a strict format. The world is expansive and there is a lot of action, but it's an introspective story at the same time. For Marcus' journey to work, I realized we needed to get inside his head, so I switched gears and turned it into a book.

I recently won a Writer's Guild Awards for a screenplay called Idea Man and have a few other scripts in development. Film is my first love, so I hope to contribute creatively to that world as well.

Where can we buy or see them? (* include American, European and any other relevant links. Free, free promotions or prices can be included)

I'm happy to say that Bad Camp will be published by Spirit Entertainment Group in the fall of 2014. It will be available in print via print on demand at first and all eBook formats, so keep an eye out for it!

Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?

He learns to sacrifice and fight for people who can't fight for themselves. And he never gives up on a friend. Even when things seem hopeless, he finds the strength in the face of adversity.

What are you working on at the minute?

Right now I'm focused on getting Bad Camp ready for commercial publication. It's a lot of work to dig into a manuscript and make sure a story is tracking correctly and the most important relationships are being resolved.

What genre are your books?

I write Survival/Adventure stories. No matter what genre they are - science fiction, horror or historical - I like to put ordinary people into terrible situations and see if they have what it takes to pull through.

What draws you to this genre?

We live in a high-tech and complex world. It's easy to lose track of the simple things that make us human. It's easy to underestimate our resilience and become apathetic. We're very comfortable letting other people and institutions take care of us. I can't help but wonder what would happen if all that comfort was taken away.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?

It’s not something we have given any thought to at this stage. Our core focus right now is finishing the book.

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers?

You always start writing alone, but, inevitably, you invite others into your dream world. Editors, publishers, and readers... many people bring ideas to the table and collaboration becomes an inevitable part of the storytelling process.