The New Kid

"There's a new kid in our class today! They say he's a boy!" Your best friend, Fukuhara Momo, squeals. She's really the most hopeless romantic anyone's ever known.

"Eh. I don't really care. As long as he's nice to me." You shrug and continue reading the book you're holding in your hands. It's called Serious Cleaning: How to Clean Professionally.

"You don't care?! What?! Hey, Y/N, stop reading that book! This is why no boys are interested in you!" She scolds you and sets down the book.

"Momo! Stop stop stop! You're going to get the pages dirty!" Your eyebrows set into a frown and she sighs and lets go.

"Fine. But you need to stop reading that book."

"Yes yes." You sigh in relief and dust off the pages, inspecting them to see if any dust or dirt got on them. Then, the door swooshes open and the teacher, Mr. Goya, claps his hands and everyone rushes to their seats. He stands in front of the room and a boy follows him. He's quite tall and skinny with black hair and icy blue eyes. He doesn't look like the nice type, but even you have to admit, he looks handsome. Disinterested, you go back to inspecting the book and brush off dust.

"This is our new student, Aoyama. Eh... he was in a really good soccer team, so I guess he's pretty good. Everyone, be nice to him! Aoyama, do you want to introduce yourself?"

"Yes. I'm Aoyama." The whole room grows silent and then Mr. Goya talks again.

"Well... okay, why don't you sit in the empty seat next to... uh... Fukuhara?" You can imagine Momo all excited.

"Yes, Mr. Goya." He starts walking and you keep on cleaning your book. Hmmm... there's a bit of dust here. You try to blow it off but it won't go away. You then try to rub it off, but it still stays. W- wait... is that a stain?!!!

You don't notice as Aoyama walks past you and stops himself in front of the seat behind you because of your fury. Dammit, it was a perfectly clean book! You also don't notice as he takes something out of his bag and starts swiping it over the desk. Not until everyone starts to gasp. You turn around and see Aoyama cleaning his desk and chair. It's magical, really. You've never seen someone clean so gracefully and beautifully in your entire life. Your eyes are in a trance and you keep on watching as he scrubs off the dirt. It satisfies the feeling of dirtiness that you have inside your soul.

"Eh... Aoyama? What are you doing?" Mr. Goya looks really confused.

"Cleaning my desk, sir."

"You don't have to..."

"Actually, I do need to clean it, sir. Or else I'm going to get dirty." He keeps on cleaning and scrubbing and wiping his desk for forever until Mr. Goya coughs.

"Enough. Let's start class now," he claps his hands and everyone's eyes look away from Aoyama and his now sparkling clean desk. But you keep on watching as he puts away all the cleaning tools and gently sets himself down onto his desk. Seriously, he may even be better at cleaning than you!

You should get to know him better. You guys seem to have a lot in common.