Too Close

Another day of soccer practice, which means you have to go to soccer club. You wave bye to Momo, who waves back and leaves.

"L/N." You hear your name being called and see Akagi walking towards you.

"Hello Akagi." You wait for her to catch up to you and then continue walking. The three of you guys, you, Gotou, and Akagi, have gotten close ever since that first day of soccer club. Occasionally, if you guys spot each other you would say hello or give a wave.

"Hey," she greets back. "L/N, I've been liking this boy that you're in class with. He's also in the soccer team."

"Aoyama?" You guess easily and she nods. "I see. You want to know more about him?"

"Yes. I just know that he achieves good grades and cleans exceptionally well," she turns her head to look at you.

"Let's see... I feel that Aoyama wouldn't like it if I gave out personal information about him so freely. Maybe you could ask Aoyama yourself or I can ask him to let me share some of his personal information."

"Oh, I understand," she says as you guys near the door. "I'll try talking to him, then." She opens it and Gotou is inside, cleaning everything sparkly clean.

"Gotou! We said we could help next time!" You sigh as she just smiles cutely.

"Please don't worry about it. I can handle it. Anyways, we have to go help them right away. Today, it's the same drill of cleaning water bottles. They'll be out in around 10 minutes or so, so we must hurry." She grabs the bag of bottles and we walk back out of the door.

Time Skip to the Next 15 Minutes:

"Finally!" The soccer team whines as we hand out water bottles full of cold and icy water. You watch as Akagi slips to Aoyama and gives him a water bottle. He takes it (with his gloves on) and drinks from it gladly, his lips not making contact with the water bottle.

"Aoyama, I've been wondering if I could ask you some personal questions." Akagi says shyly and you continue watching until you get swarmed by the soccer team members.

"You must be the other girl!" A quite fat guy smiles and you cringe at the fact that they're all dirty and muddy. You dash out of the circle when you find an opening and they all tilt their heads, confused.

"Sorry, but I cannot stay so close to such dirty and muddy people. Truly, I am sorry," you bow down in apology and run behind a wall, where no one can see you. You sigh with relief and just cringe at your clothes, thinking about how there are germs all over them. Quietly, you hear footsteps approaching you.

"Zaizen?" You ask as he comes beside you and looks at you with a smile.

"Sorry. Those kids aren't trouble, but if they bother you just tell me." His eyebrows twitch and you nod.

"Those kids are nice, but I just can't... can't stay near them because they're all so dirty." You sigh and he smirks.

"When did you even turn into a clean freak anyways?" He asks and you blush, thinking about how you liked Aoyama. He notices and you turn your head away from him. He peeks and twists and turns his head to see your face expression. Gah... so embarrassed.

"Don't tell me it's because of that Aoyama." He frowns and you sigh.

"It was a long time ago when I was five. And it was because of Aoyama, but not anymore. I'm just friends with him now." You turn to him, but his head is really close and you end up blushing harder.

"Zaizen, your head is just a bit too close," you protest and he just nods and pulls his head back.

"We have to go now. See you later, F/N!" He waves and runs off to the others. Wait... did he call you by your first name? You walk out after him and Aoyama stares, noticing that you guys just came out form the same place. He walks over to you and you look at his usual sea blue eyes.

"Hello, Aoyama," you greet and he does the same.

"Could I ask why you and Zaizen came out of the same place?" He asks curiously.

"Ah... we had some what of a talk." You blush, remembering Zaizen's face so close to yours. Aoyama tilts his head in confusion.

"Is it something to blush about?"

"Yes. Because it was mostly about how I used to like you, Aoyama." You sigh and he realizes how stressed you are right now.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you." He takes a few steps away from you and you nod in appreciation.

"Oh, how did the talk with Akagi go?"

"I gave her the answers to her questions," his face is expressionless. He doesn't seem to like anyone at all....

"Aoyama, do you like someone?" You ask clearly and loudly. He stares at you a bit shocked and then regains his composure.

"No," he replies and walks away. Was that question too much for him?