[Chapter: 11]

Chapter 11\\ "Awkwardness"

•••
[Maddie's P.O.V]
Sunday

What am I going to do?

I thought as I was lying blankly in bed.

I wanted Duke back, but I am also starting to catch feelings for Jacob.

What am I saying? We're best friends, what happened in the gym was an accident and what me and Duke have is good. We just needed a little break.

I pep talk myself.

Besides Jacob has that Maggie girl, and I definitely don't want to ruin another relationship.

All of a sudden I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in." I shout.

It was my mom.

"Hey sweetie whatcha up to?" She asks, as I sit up & she sits right next to me.

"Oh nothing much." I say as my hair falls on my shoulders.

"Well since me & your father are home for right now, we've decided to have a little family night; bowling with the Sartorius'." She says, as she pulls a strand of hair behind my ear.

This could take my mind off things.

"Sounds fun, can't wait." I grin.

"Great, now get ready, we'll be leaving in about an hour." She says as she kisses my head and walks towards the door.

"Oh and you should maybe see if Duke would like to come, we haven't seen him in a while and he's might enjoy bowling too." She smiles.

I haven't even told her yet. But she looks so happy, I can't just yet.

Plus what if we get back together?

"Um yeah sure, I'll text him and ask." I lie.

She nods and leaves.

I can't deal with him right now, I'll just tell her he can't come. And especially since Jacob's coming too. I hope he brings Maggie so I'll be off the hook.
•••
I walk over to my dresser to find something to wear.

I'm currently wrapped in a towel since I just got out of the shower.

I put on a loose white shirt with a white cardigan & a pair of patterned shorts.

I just left my hair as it is.