[Chapter: 12]

Chapter 12\\ "Black Bandannas"

•••
[Maddie's P.O.V]
Monday
•••
It was time for school... once again yay me.

I groan as I get out of bed and take a quick shower.

Afterwards I decided to go for a lazy day so I put on this black comfy sweater that said "chill" with a pair of grey sweatpants and my black vans.

I throw my hair up into a messy bun and went downstairs for breakfast.

No one is down here so I think everyone has left already.

There was a plate of cinnamon buns and bacon on the counter which I think was left for me so I quickly ate it.

As I grab my phone and my bag to leave I feel someone grab my shoulder.

I turn around and it was Jacob.

"Hey Mads, wanna lift?" He asks, while running his hands through his hair.

"Well sure, and where do you come from?" I ask confusedly.

"I was in my room getting ready duh, where else where I be?" He asks.

"Idk school." I shrug, as we walk to his car. He looks ho.. I mean cute today.

He was wearing a blue sleeveless shirt with some basketball shorts and vans.

Anyways, we get into his car and head to school.

"Hey, did I tell you that our house is almost done and my parents and I will be moving out soon." He says, breaking the silence.

Apart of me was sad for some reason.

"No, um that's great." I reply as I stare out the window.

"Yup, so no more bugging you." He chuckles as he pats my thigh.

I tense up a bit.

"Hey you know what would go great with your fit?" I say squirming for my bag as he removes his hand.

"No what?" He asks, as he briefly looks over at what I'm doing.

I reach in my bag and pull out a black bandana.

"Come here." I say leaning over to him and began tying it on his head.

"I'm driving here." He says as he pulls into the school parking lot.

"Ok ok I'm done." I say sitting back down.

"See you look adorable." I grin as he laughs, looking into the driving mirror.

"Oh I forgot! I have another one, we can match." I say pulling it out and tying it to my head.

"Hey why do you ha..."

"Don't ask." I cut him off as we get out the the car and head inside the school.
•••
"Goals." I hear my friends shout as I depart from Jacob and I walk over to them by the lockers.

I couldn't help but to blush.

"Oh shut it, we didn't plan that." I say referring to the bandannas because I mean we didn't.

"Maybe it's just a sign that you two are meant to be." Courtney squeals.

"Totally." I hear Abby say.

"Please." I scoff as we all walk to my locker.

"Him and his parents are moving out soon by the way. His house is almost done." I added.

"Omg, I'll bring over the ice cream and tissues, we'll get through this together." Courtney says, patting my back.

"Stop." I huff as they all laugh.

"But seriously, you two should do something before he leaves." Courtney said.

"I mean he his your bestfriend." I Abby said.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Oo like a movie day." Nikki says.

"What about the Mall?" Courtney said.

"Just do both." Abby said before I could even say anything.

"Okay, that actually isn't a bad idea." I say thinking about it.

As I swap my things out of my locker the bell rings.

"Well see you guys at lunch." I say waving as we all go our separate ways.

"Maddie." I hear someone call out.

I look to my right and I find Duke walking next to me.

"Have you thought about what I said." He asks anxiously.

"No Duke, I still need time." I sigh.

"Well I can't wait for you, forever." He replied as he scurried off.

Was I being a little to harsh?

Does he deserve a second chance?

I thought as I entered first period.
•••
Yo if you want more comment "Cake" 🍰🤤💦

L8ter Gators 🐊✌️
-Arie🤙💖