[Chapter: 16]

I woke up to light snores of Jacob & Mia in my bed.

I glance over at my clock to see that it is already 11am.

I check my phone and see that I had 3 missed calls from the same number. I call the number back.

"Hi is this Maddie?" A older woman says into the phone.

"Yes this is she." I reply.

"Hi, I am the mother of Mia & believe you have her is that correct?" She asks.

"As a matter of fact I do actually." I tell her.

"Oh thank goddess, yesterday I somehow thought she was with her dad in the car when I went inside to go shop and when I got back she wasn't in there with him, I was so worried." She told me.

Makes sense, kids do like to do things on their own.

"It was no hassle at all, she's safe and sound here, sleeping right now." I replied.

"Oh that's great news, can you please text me your address and I'll be there right away."

"Sure thing." I say, before the call ended.

I sent her my address.

I should probably wake them up now.

I get up from the bed and clean my self up a bit, I threw on a sweatshirt and brushed my hair up into a ponytail.

I decided to let Jacob & Mia sleep a little longer in my bed while I make breakfast.

I cook up some eggs, bacon, & toast.

About 35 minutes later when that was all done I sat out our food then went back up to my room to go get them.

I find Jacob's arm wrapped around Mia as if he was protecting her in a way, I was high key fangirling.

They looked so peaceful that I didn't want to wake them up.

"Mia, Jacob, wake up I made breakfast." I say lightly shaking them.

"Mmhm, I smell it." Jacob's deep voice said as his head perked up.

Mia sat up too, rubbing her eyes.

"Good news Mia, I've found your Mommy & she's coming to pick you ya as soon as you eat!"I exclaim.

"Really?" She asks.

I nod.

"That's awesome." Jacob smiles as he looks down at her.

"I want to stay here with you guys." She  tells us.

"Uhh well.. don't you want to go home and see your Mommy and Daddy?" I asked, hoping to change her mind.

"Yes, but I like it here too."

"I'll tell you what, when you go home you can come back and visit me and Maddie anytime you like." Jacob says, as he picks her up and we walk downstairs.

"Okay." She replies, satisfied.

We all gathered at the kitchen table and talked as we ate breakfast. I loved having Mia around and I could tell Jacob did too, I guess I was ready for her to leave yet either.

Speaking of her leaving... there was a knock at the door.

That must be her Mom.

"Come one Mia let's go see if it's your Mommy." I say as hold her hand while answering the door.

"Mia! O thank goodness!" Her mom smiles as her daughter immediately embraces her into a hug.

"Hi Mommy!" She giggles.

"Oh sweet heart don't ever run off anywhere again! Do you know how worried me and Daddy were?" She questions sympathetically.

"I'm sorry Mommy." She apologized

"Oh it's okay, I'm just glad you're okay."

"Mommy, Maddie and Jacob have been taking care of me." She squeals.

Jacob suddenly appears from behind me.

"Thank you too so much, I owe you one." She said.

"Oh it was no trouble at all." I grinned.

"Yeah we enjoyed her company." Jacob added.

"They said that I could visit them anytime I wanted." Mia says.

"Well that's great, but I think it's time to go now let's say goodbye."

"Byeeee Maddie and Jacob." She shouts as she hugs onto both of our legs.

"Bye Mia, it was so fun having you !" I laugh.

"Yeah can't wait to see you soon." Jacob said.

"Me too!"

"Thank you guys again, I'll be sure to contact you if you want to arrange a little get together with Mia." Her mom said.

"Great see you then." Was all I said as they left.

I walk back inside feeling down a bit.

"Aww it's okay, we can have one soon." Jacob smirks as he pulls me into his arms.

"Ew gross, get away."

"Do you not remember that you have a girlfriend?" I say, pushing him.

"No I do, it's called joking around Mads, get with the program." He says doing an eye roll.

"Whatever dram queen." I reply as I go up to my room.

I texted my friends asking if they wanted to hang out.

I guess we have a lot to talk about.
•••
We back babyyy

10 votes & 10 comments for more

-Arie👸🍉