Chapter 9

Rayne

When Alex said he had an idea, this wasn't what I was expecting at all. I honestly expected him to make me leave and tell me we'd talk tomorrow, maybe set up plans for a date or something. But no. He made Eli sit back down on the couch and then proceeded to make me do the same.

Next thing I know, he leaves the room and comes back with a large blanket, sits next to me on the couch, and we're all watching a movie. The first Fast and Furious movie is playing. I guess I feel a little awkward. I mean, I came here to sleep with the guy, not cuddle on the couch with him and watch a movie with his sort of little brother. Weirdly, it doesn't bother me at all.

I like Alex's arm wrapped around my shoulder. I love that every time I breathe I get a whiff of his strong, spicy cologne. I really like his comfy couch. And Eli, oh my, Eli is a sweetheart. Every time a character in the movie does something cool or there's some kind of explosion, he cheers loudly and jumps with the popcorn bowl in his hands. That leads to popcorn flying out of the bowl, getting everywhere, and to Alex scolding him for making a mess. The bond that the boys have is something so cute it melts my heart. I've always wanted a sibling and it's amazing to see how close they are and how much they act like brothers when they aren't even actually related.

I feel oddly at home. I feel like I've known these guys forever and I don't know if I should be scared by that or not. I just met them, it surely wasn't normal to feel that way about someone you just met.

I'm starting to nod off when Alex brushes my hair over my shoulder to whisper something in my ear.

"I'm really sorry," he squirms slightly under me. "I know this isn't exactly what we planned for when we came here." His warm breath on my skin sends goosebumps along my arms.

I lift my head to look into his beautiful face. For the first time I notice he looks kinda like a slightly younger version of Liam Hemsworth.

I smile, "You want to know what I think about how the night went?"

Alex cringes, "Do I?"

I look to where Eli is sitting and find him fast asleep. I turn back to Alex and kiss his jaw softly. "I can honestly say that tonight has turned into one of the best nights of my life. Even if the original plans were..." I pause and think of how to word my thoughts, "Postponed."

Alex chuckles softly and kisses my forehead, "You know, I don't disagree with you."

Without warning, he tenderly places a kiss on my lips. It's short, close-mouthed, innocent, yet it's unlike any kiss I've ever had before. It leaves me breathless and it didn't even last a whole second.

"Do you want me to take you home?" He asks me hesitantly, like he doesn't want me to leave.

I shake my head and snuggle into his arm again, embracing the warmth that radiates off of him. "The movie's almost over," I yawn. "When it finishes you can drive me home."

I hear Alex murmur a few words, but I don't understand them because I'm already drifting off. The last thing I hear is the sound of his amused laughter.