4

Four Days Earlier...

"Wake up!" a voice called out to Newt. "If we sleep in any later, we're going to miss London completely."

Newt began opening his eyes slowly, his eyes meeting ______'s as soon as he opened them. She was smiling as he laid on top of him, the two of them tangling with each other during the night. Newt rarely ever kept still in his sleep, he wasn't one to fall asleep in one position and wake up in that same position.

"Alright, I'm getting up. I'm going to get changed and start feeding, do you want to help?" he asked her, wrapping his arms around her. He may say he's getting up, but right now, that was the last thing he wanted to do. He just wanted to lay here with ______ for a while, they had been on the ship for three days now and Newt was starting to get sick of the small breakfast they kept upstairs in the kitchens. Newt fed his beasts better than they fed them.

"Sure!" ______ told him, sitting up on the bed. "I'll get changed and then I'll be right in to help you. I can't believe we're finally here, it feels like it's been ages since I've been here. I can't wait."

Newt laid down in bed, just keeping his eyes on ______ and admiring her. There were times when he swore he could stare at her for hours and not get sick of what he was looking at, and these were one of these times. Newt loved the way she looked in the morning, despite her protests of telling him that she wasn't a pretty sleeper. He loved it, he loved everything about her. He's heard people say, "take a picture, it'll last longer" so many times before, but there was something about ______ Newt just could never capture in a photo.

However, reality kicked in and he realized he couldn't lay in bed all day with ______, as much as he wanted to. He rolled out of bed, getting up and stretching. "Well, we'll be there for a while, so we'll have all the time in the world to do what you want and see whatever you want." Newt told her, turning back to face her before he went down into his case.

"Well, this trip isn't all about me. Sure, I miss home, but don't forget, you're there too. We can go sightseeing, and I was thinking... as long as we're in America, we don't have to stick strictly to New York. We can go all over! See lots of different things. I thought that would be fun... don't you?" ______ asked, keeping her eyes fixed on his. The eyes he fell in love with, the eyes he couldn't imagine living without.

"Really?" he asked, his eyes lighting up with scientific excitement. The first time he went to New York was exciting enough, all the new surroundings and people. If there hadn't been such a catastrophe going on at the time he went, maybe he would've enjoyed the trip even more. "That sounds great! We're there for a while, so we should have plenty of time after visiting Tina and Queenie."

______ smiled. "Perfect. Well the, we should get ready. Tina and Queenie are expecting us at their house, right?"

"Yeah. Oh, and don't forget what I told you about where they live-"

"Don't worry Newt, I haven't. They're not allowed men, so I get to sneak you up in your case," ______ said, laughing just a little. "I haven't ever done that before. It's a little fun to think about – I get to sneak you in somewhere you're not allowed to be. It feels like the tables have finally turned."

Newt just smiled back at her, his worry beginning to melt. "Good, just making sure. You're keeping up as always." He opened his case and started climbing in, leaving ______ behind in the room alone.

She couldn't help but bounce a little on her feet as she began to get ready. It wasn't just New York that was getting her excited anymore – it was the time that she got to spend with Newt. They haven't really travelled anywhere or gone very far ever since Christmas, and so this was their second big trip together.