Chapter Thirteen - Betraying a Liar

(Disclaimer: There is a lot of GORE AND VIOLENCE in this chapter. You've been warned.)

Nothing. You groaned at the dusty monitor screen, the computer definitely a fossil as it's elder self struggled to load pages and would often shut down in the middle of your research, as if it had passed out after over-exerting itself. However, it appeared as though none of that mattered as even with a better computer you would've still found nothing on the spirit you had apparently summoned. Without the book, Xavier having shredded it to pieces to make sure he'd be staying, you know this would certainly be a challenge to find a way to send him home. However, you hadn't believed it'd be impossible...

"Halloween Spirit" received nothing but some stupid brand company with a cartoon Grim Reaper as their mascot, and after that there were suggestions for "PARTY CITY" and "HALLOWEEN EXPRESS" littering across Google, Bing, and even Yahoo! And no one even uses Yahoo anymore!

"Spirits from the moon" received places from California, and some character from Avatar, so there was nothing about any sort of weird magical creatures there unless you count ones from fiction. You sighed to yourself, swiftly moving onto the next search term, and going down a mental list you had developed over the course of your journey over here.

You had gotten everything from Halloween stores in your area, online cults that worship the moon, strange bible stories, and fandoms about things like Avatar and Sailor Moon, yet you hadn't found a single relating feature to the man you summoned from behind the moon. You had wasted over an hour sitting in this sunken-in rickety old chair, it smelling of paper, and even though that scent almost always relaxed you, in this current moment the stress continued piling up ruthlessly on your shoulders, dragging your determination down into the gutter as time progressed. "Crap, crap, crap..." You muttered, shaking your head as you reached up, lacing your fingers in your (H/C) strands and giving a rough tug to your scalp, feeling utterly beaten. "What the Hell even is he? What even is a spirit of Halloween? Are there more of him, do other holidays have this? Maybe he's not even from the moon, he could've lied about that too..." You questioned, biting your lower lip as you felt a lump form in your throat, anxiety rising in your heart as your thoughts continued pumbling you with worry. You couldn't find a single source on him online, and previously you had been digging through old books in the far back of the library, hoping to discover possibly a spell book that could help with finding Xavier's origin, and even better explain it. You glanced over helplessly to the large stack of thick worn out books you had gathered, all of which had been totally useless in your search. You had spent several minutes rummaging around through the table of contents through each book with great care, it turning out, much to your dismay that each of them were simply novels written by other talented authors just like yourself.

In any other moment you would appreciate their works of fiction, however only now would you curse them for not being exactly what you needed. I have to send him back behind the moon... What happens if I don't? What happens if- You nearly leapt out of your skin at the sound of a shrill, pain-filled scream across the library, it knocking every ounce of your mind back into reality as you glanced around frantically. You heard it through the shelves of books lining the walls and out in the main part of this building, it echoing off the door frame of the computer lab and reaching your ears, all while sending a chilling shiver down your spine. Your heart thumped against your rib cage as you glanced back towards the door with wide eyes, fingers suddenly digging into the sides of the chair, and nails kneading it nervously.

You felt a sudden thought cross your mind, as if it were instinct to now expect this of the man. The monstrous being who had done so well to hide his sinister desires behind a shroud of cheer and fake joy on those adorable childish features. Xavier... You thought, taking in a deep breath and heaving yourself up out of the chair. You had brought him into this world, you could take him and his stubborn spoiled ass out.