Chapter Thirty - I Missed You

(Hello! Thanks, HayBay  for yet another fantastic piece of fanart! ^-^ Smol chibi is smol, haha. <3

HayBay Quotev: https://www.quotev.com/Hay0225  )

"I don't feel as though this is the most responsible plan..." Ethan murmured warily, leaning against the couch as comfortably as he could while his large antlers just barely tapped against the roof and scraped sometimes just when the man craned or moved his neck in the slightest. Ray, Mark, and you all threw him your gazes, one of which sparkled with agreement. "Throwing her out there as bait, a mortal, someone who can perish if fought or hurt..." He tilted his head slightly in a confused manner, ears folding back at the thought of a human, the very thing he was meant to represent, dying in his presence, especially because of his own ideas. "... It does not appear wise, and I do not desire to stand for something as... Dangerous as this."

"See, finally someone responsible in this room." Mark spoke up after a brief silence with both you and Ray sharing a similar gaze, the tech geek meanwhile siding very easily with the spirit of Christmas on this ordeal. "We can't just throw (Y/N) out there as bait to Xavier and just, "hope for the best" can we?" He questioned, the spirit giving an obvious nod in agreement. "I don't want her to get hurt, and putting her up against that thing, that monster is one of the most dangerous and horrible things that I never want to wish upon anyone, especially someone I care about." He stood his ground this time, gazing over at you as if trying to search for the answers in your eyes. He was beginning to wonder if you had somehow lost it. Maybe you'd been possessed when he wasn't looking or when he had past out after the car chase sequence. Just thinking about that made his stomach flip, and his gaze drop briefly.

Ray glanced between them both, now tucking his hands lazily into his sweat-pant pockets as he then gazed down at you with a knowing look. "... I know it doesn't seem like the safest idea, man..." He began in that honeyed tone, now giving a warm smile, the freckles on his face almost glowing in the dim lovely lighting of his living room. "But at the moment, we don't have that many options left. With every second we wait, his powers are going to come back, right boys? Plus, like you said, Ethan my favorite frosty type of deer-man, (Y/N) is his largest weakness. And I don't know about any of you," He did a quick glance around the room of standing, almost zombie-like people that awaited for whatever Ray had to say next. "But I don't feel like poking him to see if he has some secret off switch that is a better weakness than the only person he loves. Because trust me, love is one of the most powerful things in the world." He smiled gently, his own words melting together rather sweetly. "... And, even though I don't want to use his own human-like weaknesses against him, it's one of the only options we got. I'd prefer talking to him, although I've already tried that, and he still hasn't come back for tea. But, this is the only option we have. Now, is there anymore bad vibes left that I should know about, don't want this to be a huge downer, you know?" He questioned, acting more like a leader than you'd ever expect a hippie to do.

You gave a nod to what he said, Ray reaching happily over and throwing his muscular arm around his shoulder while there was a noticeable smile on his face. "See, even the bait agrees." He chuckled lightly, earning a roll of your eyes as you huffed out a breath.

"Yeah yeah..." He allowed you to lean against him lightly, his larger hand playfully rubbing your shoulder. "But... Really, I just want him away safely. It's dangerous having him on Earth... Extremely dangerous." You murmured in explanation, remembering all of the people he had killed while down here, most of which you still viewed upon as being your fault. "We need this done as soon as possible, otherwise it won't just be me who's put in danger."

"Alright, dudes, so... any more problems?"

There was no response now, and that showed that this would be the plan that would be put into full swing, even when both Mark and Ethan had those strange uncertain looks even now. "Look, we'll beat feat! Get in get out, burn rubber, it'll be a blitz, boys." Ray had a strange vocabulary.