Chapter Thirty-Four - The Almighty Plan

"Xavier..." You murmured softly, gazing over to the nervous looking male. He still had that darker vibe circling him, but yet he was more like a demon with a heart shaped tail. Still that childish boy, but yet so much more tainted if you looked deeper beneath the hard candy surface into the gooey, sloppy and sour insides. "... Everyone is afraid of being alone. Even me." You offered softly, your words sticking to the neighboring grimy wall of your square prison cell.

He looked surprised, those childish eyes briefly returning to a flickering glow, finding your soft gaze. "You... Of all people? How could anyone hate you. Or, leave you for that matter I-" He began, but you just sighed in response to the list of compliments that seemed to pour from his mouth like water.

"... People are different. They don't see whatever the heck you see, it's like," You leaned back, feeling the cool presence of the concrete wall behind yourself and your cot. Xavier meanwhile watched your movements lazily, and even copied them in some mannerisms, leaning back himself and growing comfortable alongside his obviously desired companion. "Sometimes, people prefer... a Gold nugget. Over a silver bar, I guess you can describe it like that if you don't think of the actual cost of the both of those things." You chuckled softly, earning a small snort from him.

"Even then, even with you being afraid of being alone, even with everyone being afraid of being alone... That doesn't mean Ethan won't just stick me behind the moon again. Like... I belong there." He sighed quite sadly for someone of his cheerful disposition, earning a small pat that you placed on his shoulder gently, in a loving caring sort of manner. He appeared pleased by such an act quite easily.

"You don't belong in a cage, and on the other hand, neither do I-" You shot him all-knowing stare that he appeared to giggle at, as if you being stuck in this cage was somewhat of a joke, but at the same time, not. "... What if... I promise," You turned towards him directly now, with that soft caring expression someone like you tended to have when you were faced with someone as emotionally unstable as this boy right here. Oh boy, he was beyond that honestly. "That... If we see Ethan again, I will try to talk to him. I promise you that." Almost immediately, Xavier's face turned into an expression as if you had shoved rotten tuna up his nose.

"What?!" He demanded, nearly flying out of his stylish cloak, his scythe leaned up against the exit almost looking like it were vibrating. "No, that's the dumbest-" You interrupted him quickly, deciding not to let the other explode so soon in the conversation.

"Hey! Easy- I just-" But he stomped his foot aggressively like a toddler, snorting at the thought.

"talking to him, how-"

"Listen! You need... To listen more." You demanded with an agitated, and firm tone that finally got him to shut up for one of the few times. He very rarely was one to be quiet, especially when he entered into his full "child mode", in which he turned into a whiny little brat and threw tantrums. "... You have to promise not to hurt him... And I will talk to him. But you have to promise." You instructed, earning a grumble and a snort from Mr. Whiny pants over there.

You arched a brow, an expectant woman deciding to put her foot down even in this situation. You couldn't be so scared. Not anymore, this was time for action and for planning. "... Come on."

"... Fine." He groaned it out, turning from a toddler into a teenager in under a second. Maybe one day he'd turn into a young adult and act his age, who knew?! The possibilities were endless at this point!

To reward him for the surrendering of such a thing, you leaned over, and gave him a hug. Nothing too gripping, just a soft happy hug that he responded to immediately with his own. Unfortunately, your professional one was not as easily returned, as he latched on like a damn prickly bush and sucked you up right into his leafy embrace. At this point, suffocating in his arms, you could still smell the cotton candy on him mixed strangely with blood.

After finally releasing you from such a tight embrace, you found your face lit up a slight shade of cool red, one of which he took notice to quickly, but didn't point it out for once. Just accepting his win right then and there happily, and that sugar-faced grin with those damned spaced two front teeth didn't help your glow.

You shrugged it off as nothing more than a natural thing when it came to hugs, and now offered your own slight grin back. "Hm... Better now, Mr. Grumpy pants?" His smile disappeared, and he soon earned his own blush.

"... That's just uncalled for." He grumbled, standing up and stretching out his limbs lazily. "But, yes. I am absolutely fin-flapping-tastic!" He suddenly spoke energetically as he did a little strange hop towards the door to signify he must be planning on leaving. Without even thinking of it, you quickly grasped onto the back of his cloak. Suddenly, it seemed like the toddler and adult rolls had switched, as he turned around in confusion and found you clinging on almost desperately.

But you, you had your reasons and you knew them well. "... I don't like spending everyday here alone." You muttered. It was cold in this small room, and definitely obviously, boring with a capital B. All you did was poke at the walls and read the same stupid graffiti over and over again until the colors melted together in what you could only assume was your brain trying to entertain itself before it just began eating it's own walls away out of boredom or something. Do brains do that? They might. Maybe that's how the zombie apocalypse will begin... Xavier's response finally brought you out of your rabbit hole of thoughts.

"Oh... I'm sorry-" He murmured quickly nearing you once more after realizing how hypocritical he was being. He didn't want to be all alone, yet he left his true lover here in this cold, dirty, mangy, and torn apart cell every waking moment without him? How... Rude. "I didn't mean to be a bully-" He seemed sheepish now, his darker eyes quickly finding yours before he scooped you up happily, a sudden change of mood as always. You were caught off-guard, clinging right on to prevent yourself from face-planting into the pavement and snapping your neck.

"Today is the day!" He chirped excitedly. "The most amazing day, because I'll make it all about you!" He spoke merrily, scooping up his beloved scythe, and with a quick momentary poof you were gone, off to do whatever the hell he wanted...

...
A rumble was heard in the Arctic circle, as if the glaciers themselves were collapsing, and the sky was giving way. Ethan and his beloved Lixue were nowhere to be seen, disappeared off into the sky most likely, due to the suddenly cut off amount of footprints in the area.

This gigantic rumble, was the type of rumble to signify the beginning of his plan, his brilliant plan that he should've used to his advantage beforehand. He felt foolish for not having thought of it previously, attached to the soft back of his noble cloud jumper, and, well, also known as the leader of the herd.

Up above in the bright sky, covered in lovely puffy clouds... No, those clouds were moving far too fast, and clouds don't near the Earth at such a rapid rate that you can hear the wind whipping past them. The lump of antlers, hooves, and puffing air was making a bee-line towards the snowy floor, before suddenly, it exploded like a pure white firework, or like a splatter of bird poop on a car's windshield.

Let's go with the firework idea.

The big lump turned into smaller streaks of white, the cloud jumpers separating with a scent on their nose, and a picture in their mind. Most leaped across the sky, spreading out separately on their own journey while some landed with a powerful rumble of six hooves across the snowy plain. And they ran with the speed of a cheetah, the momentum from the sky carrying them in a zooming line through the snow.

The largest cloud jumper meanwhile, Lixue, the beautiful beast with his master on his back, dashed across the clouds, expertly leaping both from the snow and up to the clouds before speeding across the world. He was returning to the place it all began, where everything went wrong, with his army following, searching for the soft girl known as (Y/N).

May anyone watching above have mercy on Xavier, the King of Halloween, yes, but not the king of the Winter Ruler.