Chapter Twenty-Seven - Tainted Blood

There was a thundering noise heard out on the street, a rumble that traveled down through the ground like electricity roots as the cloud jumper's six hooves hit the cold asphalt, the rider feeling a jolt go through his body as they landed together. The beast appeared unbothered by the rough transition, however the Festival Fauna atop his back was fazed for a few silent moments. "... I always forget how rough the roads are... Not dirt like they used to be, huh?" He questioned his mount with a small smile, however Lixue didn't appear to give a mewl in response, instead sniffing at the air anxiously, his tail visibly swishing as he now took a few steps back away from the small home that he had tracked Xavier to.

Your home.

"Hey-" The rider murmured gently to soothe his beloved Lixue, now allowing his grip on the reins to loosen so the animal could have some slack as he gazed up at the home for a long moment, almost in confusion. "... What would he be doing here?" He murmured to himself, glancing around briefly, scanning the area.

It was barren of human life this late at night, not a single light turned on in this quiet tranquil part of town, except for a few street lamps that flickered every once in awhile and buzzed. Old cars were up and down the street sparsely, and none of which appeared to have been used all that much in general, with their hoods covered in leaves, and tires seemingly newer and fresh even when the vehicle itself was definitely older. As a gentle breeze went by, the small whistling of air being one of the few sounds heard out on this cold night, he now carefully dismounted himself off of the creature.

Sliding off the large beast's body, his feet, covered in lovely grey snow boots with white fur along the rim, now touched the asphalt, leaving a visible printing of soft frost over where he himself stood, alongside Lixue. He himself began growing nervous, sensing a dangerous presence that was festering from your home, the alarming amount of impurity nearly enough to cause him to vomit. Especially when he saw no one around, which meant the source obviously had to be small, and concentrated. "... What has he done?..." He muttered, biting his lip as he now stepped towards the home rather cautiously, however the moment he took a step towards that home the cloud jumper sensed exactly what his rider was planning on doing. Immediately, Lixue lunged forwards, nipping ahold of the titanium blonde hair he possessed with his sharpened teeth, roughly tugging him back away from the front door and a safe distance away where he made sure his friend was staying in his sights instead.

"Ow!" The spirit yelped, feeling himself be dragged right away from the entrance in a swift tug, a mewl escaping Lixue's clamped down jaw as he ruthlessly kept his partner away from danger. "Lixue!" He whisper-screamed, as if not to alert anyone else awake at this hour, his voice subtly creating a tiny echo. "No- bad cloud jumper, let go-! I have to detain him, you know this-" He instructed in a firm tone as he now yanked his hair free, a few strands being ripped out and now comically stuck out of the beast's mouth, who quickly spat those out onto the ground. The beast now snorted, pawing with sharp hooves at the asphalt road while his five other legs shifted uncomfortably, tail swishing violently at the sight of the home, and the possibility that his best friend wouldn't come back out.

"Now shush... And wait here... If you spot him, don't hesitate to make a lot of noise, okay?" He murmured, stepping off towards the front door while his close companion mewled nervously behind, staying a safe distance away, and keeping his eyes pinned to the back of the Christmas Spirit's head until he no longer could see him. All he had left now was the small frosty trail that Ethan had left behind, and the noise of the front door being clicked open.

Xavier groaned, turning over onto his side slowly, as if in pain as he visibly writhed and wiggled about weakly. Fucking idiots... He thought with scorn as he recalled the events from only several hours ago, eyes clenching shut tightly as his weakened body shook and failed to even move properly this early. He had made himself comfortable in your bed, absorbing your scent without hesitation after his long journey home.