~Chapter 5~

I was soon out of ammo in the main guns and didn't have the time to reload. I was force to run a different direction from the plane crash site. I had no choice. I moved fast to see a stream as I started moving down there grabbing my pistol. I moved behind a giant wall of rock next to a waterfall hearing the men calling me out were American. I was slightly out of breath. "I'm pinned at a stream unable to get anywhere near the crash site" I spoke on the coms as the shooting started again hitting the wall I was hiding.

"WE SAID COME OUT NOW AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR" one shouted as I smirked pulling my only grenade I had on me pulling the pin and threw it hard toward the crowd of men as they shouted 'grenade' but it went off taking them out as I leaned back out of breath. My shoulder hurting from the throw. "Gotta move" I spoke fast pushing myself to stand and was about to head back to the crash site until a helicopter was above me men dropping down. All looking like special swat. Soon that Precht man came down in front of me.

"So they added a newbie huh?" he asked smirking pulling out his gun as I acted fast moving out the way from a shot grabbing his arm hitting his shoulder pressure point making him release his grip on his gun as I took it shooting the swat team around me. I was grabbed from behind pinned onto the wall unable to struggle at all from the strength. It impressed me. "Now you are impressive and lively now ain't ya" I heard Precht speak as I could just feel the smirk on his face. "Who the fuck are you?" I asked knowing this guy was hunting Fairies. 

He was from I heard on the helicopter ride good at it too. "I used to run the Fairies, I was the first to do so under Mavis's order" Precht answered as my eyes widen. "If you was, why work for the fucking bastards you scum?" I asked still out of breath and still trying to get out his grip any way I could. Precht just laughed at my comments. "You should ask Makarov the bastard left me to die" Precht spoke as I snapped able to break his grip and kicking his leg tripping him as I noticed my pistol was gone that was when Precht had it aimed toward me.

He was laughing. "Don't call my grandfather anything you bastard" I spat with rage as Precht smirked even more getting up more swat teams showing up around us. "So you are one of those Army Girls I been hearing about I wonder how Makarov will feel when he knows he sent you to your death" Precht spoke as I stepped forward pushing my head at the end of the gun smiling. "I will die for my commanding officer, I am loyal unlike you, you piece of shit" I replied as Precht burst into laughter.

"I like you kid" he soon spoke as he moved the gun but hit me hard around the head as I moved back to be leaned on the rock wall taking deep breaths everything slightly blurry. "Still standing? Like I said lively and impressive" Precht then spoke as we heard gun fire above as the swat was shooting above some around as there was gunfire coming from everywhere as I saw Plue rushing in attacking some of the men. I pulled out my knife as Precht was in front of me grabbing my arm slamming it hard on the rock his head near my ear.

"I will be seeing you again soon, come find me kid there is always room for one more" he spoke before moving fast toward the looked like a blurry black line. "LUCY!" I heard Erza as she was in front of me as I smiled toward her. "Bastard didn't break me" I spoke falling forward into Erza's arms getting her to shout my name as the others were coming over. "She even took his gun from him" I heard Jellal sounding shocked as Erza put my arm over her neck helping me stay standing. "This was a trap for us, lets finish this mission" I soon spoke shocking everyone making them looking at me as if I was mad.

"We can't let them take over the closest country we have to support us, we do this and Russia owes us. Two big needs" I spoke pulling my arm back standing up on my own still taking deep breaths as my eye sight was back to normal. "Command we are still going for the goal" I heard Natsu speak shocking the others. "It's we help or she does it alone" Natsu spoke as Erza sighed knowing that was true nodding as she soon threatened me not to go ahead alone. I felt slightly pale as I nodded still scared of my big sister.

"How is she scary?" Jellal asked in a whisper as I sweat dropped. "You ain't seen her mad" I only replied with fear of upsetting Erza who was listening as we all headed forward following Gray who knew the map of area. We was soon outside a giant warehouse as many people armed was around. "Team new mission your job is to blow the joint and come home" we all heard Makarov's voice in the coms as Gray and Natsu both smirked making Jellal sighed. "Idiot one and two love destroying things" Jellal informed us.

"Sadly so does Erza" I replied turning my head to see Erza slightly excited for destroying the place. We soon move forward taking out anyone we can as Erza was made to find a box of explosives and set one on a timer and then for us to get the hell out of here. We was able to finish the job fast and easy as we were rushing back into the jungle, heading toward the edge of it as Natsu called in a helicopter. It took about five hours to get home after that. Once home in the base I went up to Makarov my hands on my hips.

"Who is Precht really?" I asked loudly getting everyone to go quiet Plue next to me as Erza raised an eyebrow wanting this answer herself. "He was our leader, the first leader of Fairy Tail under the orders of Mavis who nearly ran it herself but had to run Japan shortly after Fairy Tail got together as a group" Makarov answered as only me and Erza seemed to be new to this information. They could of at lest told us this. "What made him so pissed at you? He was very keen on making you suffer more than anyone else" I asked.

"We was on a mission to end a Empire's leader named Jose Porla. In that mission to save the rest of my team I had to drop him into a flooded city. We spent months trying to find him or his body but no one has heard from him. Precht taught us that we always finished a mission, that we never broke and was the reason we was feared" Makarov soon explained closing his eyes remembering every bit of the story he was telling. "But he is alive and hunting Fairy Tail members" Erza spoke walking over to my side.

"Seems the Empire got to him first, they took him and broke him. If they can break him they can break any of us" Makarov soon opened his eyes a serious look on his face as he was looking toward us. "He is dangerous and someone we can't let run around for too long" Makarov then added as I walked off heading out the base to cool my head, Plue following me. My mind on what Precht told me. "I will be seeing you again soon, come find me kid there is always room for one more" . Always room for a Empire scum bag. I wasn't going to betray my family or friends like that. I would rather die than put my country in danger.

I was walking through the town that everyone was still in middle of rebuilding. "LUCY WAIT UP" I heard Natsu's voice as I stopped walking, turning my head. Natsu had caught up pretty fast. "You might be upset with Gramps but he had no choice what he did to save the group we didn't know Precht would come back and we was all going to tell you about this after the mission, Gramps wanted to see how well you worked with us fully" Natsu informed me as I saw he was worried that I would fall out with Makarov. 

"I ain't upset just in thought. Something that bastard said to me that is all" I replied as Natsu was in some relief but grabbed my shoulders making me look right at him. "Don't ever trust that bastard, he ain't the man who would die for any of us anymore. You can't trust him" Natsu spoke as I smiled nodding. "I know that but even then he was so sure we would meet again so soon" I spoke as Natsu freed my shoulders as we started walking down the roads talking as Natsu was telling me facts about Precht, Makarov and the old team.

I learnt his father was in the first team and group of Fairy Tail members as I also learnt the reason he was fighting, it was to make the world a better place for his little sister Wendy.  "Why do you fight Lucy?" Natsu asked getting me to think. "mostly revenge for what happened so many years ago, the Empire slaughter my whole town. I watched it all and nearly ended up like them if it wasn't for Laxus and Erza" I answered as Natsu was in some shock saying he understood how hard that is.

He also saw the Empire's slaughter in his own town. The attack back them ten long years ago...it was like hell for anyone who lived through it and saw every part of it.