~Chapter 8~

By the time morning came, Erza and I were rushing ready grabbing ammo, guns, grenades, flash bangs and so on. Afterwards we was on a helicopter as we had teamed with Russia and America attacking the Empire's base in South Africa. Everyone know that if this thing was launched we was dead meat. I was checking over my weapons as Plue had to be left behind as his leg was still recovering. It felt different being on a mission without him. We had jets flying ahead, ships and many soldiers. "Alright everyone Demon here" I heard Mira's voice on the coms.

"Our goal is simple, most of you will be going for the launch site as Team A. This group being lead by Major Sting. Team B you are a very small team being lead by Fairy Tail Colonel Erza, your goal is to take over the control station that is launching the space station in case Team A fail everything will be in your hands" Mira's voice was on the coms as both teams had big jobs. We all new the risk. We all knew what would happen if we fail. "We win this we push the Empire back and get some countries back, we win this and we can work on ending the Empire once and for all" Mira's voice sounded so sure we would win.

I could see why Laxus picked her to help him command everyone. She lifted my own spirits up as people were cheering. "Lucy, can you handle the computer work?" Erza asked as I smiled toward her nodded. I wasn't losing this. I wasn't going to let my friends or family die. After an hour the battle had begun. Everyone was in the war as we saw Team A and their target. The team was pretty far as three helicopters were taking us, Team B, to the control station. Once there we all drop our ropes falling into a fire fight.

This place was guarded well. One of the helicopters got fired down as Erza got them to retreat soon as we was down. We was all behind cover firing. "RPG TOP BALCONY" a soldier shouted as I moved to the side shooting them in the head as I was forced to pull out my pistol shooting a Empire Soldier behind Erza getting her to thank me as we was destroying the defense thanks to Erza's moves. She was ordering us every second a new order as we was making sure we was able to keep up. I was unsure on how long the fight was but we got inside.

We had lost only one of our own as we was killing any Empire Soldiers in sight as we got to the main room. I got to the computers typing away getting information up on the screen. "Mira we got the control station but they have big guns heading our way we will need air support" Erza spoke on the coms as Mira informed her some where on the way. I kept typing breaking into the records as my eyes widen. "Erza I can destroy the space station from here" I spoke turning my head to see Erza in shock. 

Erza was soon informing Mira as the others who joined us was keep defenses up. It was easy to hear we was under attack and losing. There was too little of us to keep this place safe. "Lucy blow the thing" Erza spoke fast turning around shooting as I started typing fast as I could. Lucky I was once a hacker when I was younger. I clicked the button to see a huge explosion not far from us as Erza shouted flash bang as I ducked fast it going off in the room as I turned my head seeing Empire Swat coming into the room.

I starting shooting as Erza was calling for our team to retreat. "Far too late" Precht spoke coming into the room as Erza and I were behind the computer desks reloading. "Can't this fucker just leave us alone for just one mission?" I asked annoyed pulling out a grenade throwing it into the swat as Erza and I took cover it going off taking half our cover with it as Erza shot the window us rushing jumping out to see the squad we had come with us dead on the ground. Most of them just laying their their eyes open.

The look of fear on their faces. I turned around throwing another two grenades as I grabbed Erza' wrist as we headed out Erza informing the others we had to retreat and needed backup. "Here" I spoke as we was outside another building. Erza started bashing down the door as it flung open hitting Erza pushing her to the ground as more swat was inside about to shot her until I shot them first. One of them landing on Erza, their blood getting all over her. "We need to move" I spoke reloading my gun.