~Chapter 24~

When I woke up I was in a hospital bed strapped down to it. I was wearing a patient gown. My side hurting like crazy as I was trying to get out the straps. "Lucy" I heard Erza's voice as I looked up to see her walking over from the door. Levy coming in looking worried. Erza sat next to me putting a hand on my head. "What did that bitch do to you? Your covered in scars" Erza soon asked tears building up in her eyes as I kept quiet looking away from her. My mind, heart and body were being torn. I thought I was ready to join Irene's side.

I was wrong. She was even wrong. I had failed him. I failed Zeref. "Lucy please give me hope we can bring you back home" Erza spoke as by her voice sounded like she was on the verge of crying. I moved my head to look toward her with a blank face. She smiled toward me. "You're coming home Lucy" Erza whispered kissing my forehead before leaving the room with Levy. Home? Where even was my home now? I basically betrayed both sides. Irene would kill me no matter what. She wasn't forgiving. She never gave mercy. 

I laid in the room for awhile just staring at the ceiling trying to understand my own thoughts and feelings as Laxus was coming in the room in a wheelchair. I looked toward him. "Thank god you're ok" he spoke as my eyes watered seeing what condition he was in. The fact this was my doing. The fact that I wanted to kill my own brother. "Lucy I don't blame you for this or Mira. You wasn't in control" Laxus soon spoke as I covered my face starting to cry. It was all my fault. If only I could fight back what Irene did.

My own mind truly was split in two. I was scared of what Irene would do to me. I was scared that Zeref would hate me. I was scared of losing my sister and brother. I was scared of becoming the killer Irene wanted me to do be. "Lucy" Laxus spoke worried. "I'm so sorry" I nearly shouted as loud as I could while in tears as honest truth was I wasn't sure who I was sorry to. The Empire or Fairy Tail....could it of been both? I wasn't sure. "Lucy we don't blame you for anything" Laxus spoke as I heard someone come inside the room.

"Leave me to talk to her" I heard Loke's voice and then to follow as Laxus sigh. I was calming myself down as I moved my hands to see Laxus had left the room, the door was closed and Loke walked over sitting in the chair next to us. "Honest truth they didn't break you fully so well done on that" Loke spoke as I was looking toward the straps. They was hurting my arms as they was close to my face. "Mira is gone, we can't change that but Lucy you can change the fate of everyone here. Where is the Dark Wizard?" Loke soon asked.

I froze up. Half of me wanted to help my birth place. I wanted to help Japan but half of me was loyal to Zeref. "Lucy we need prove to show the government we can trust you again so please, make this easier for everyone" Loke soon begged as I was looking toward the strap, frozen in place. I was also silent. Was there any chance I could be trusted again? By either side? I soon heard Loke sigh. "People will blame you for Mira's death here.....Fairy Tail has grown much since you was taken Lucy" Loke informed me as I looked up to see him leaving.

Grown huh? I already blamed myself. I soon smirked as Precht came out the corner as he was looking toward me with a serious face. "They still don't know what your real mission is Heartfilla" Precht had a gun on him pointing it toward me. "To end my life" Precht added as I only giggled like a child. "Who knew you would be this easy to lure out" I spoke tilting my head slightly to the side as Precht laughed saying I was strapped down. I only smirked more breaking the straps moving fast toward Precht who shot toward me. 

The bullet hitting my shoulder as I heard people rushing to this room. How annoying. This was my main mission. I grabbed Precht's gun while twisting his arm and pushed him back shooting him three times in the chest. Erza, Natsu and Gray burst through the door staring toward me and Precht in shock. "You know to much" I muttered as Precht was coughing blood. "Irene taught you well......Heartfilla" Precht spoke as I then shot him in the head. "Next target, Ivan Dreyar" I whispered throwing the gun to the floor turning my head.

I had no emotion on my face, it was fully blank. The three Fairies were looking toward me worried. "Straps are useless things now out my way if Precht is here Ivan is somewhere on this ship" I spoke move my head side to side clicking it. "Lucy this is not like you" Erza spoke as I only rolled my eyes. "People change, I have a target so move" I then spoke harshly as shooting was heard in a room not far from here. Brandish. Irene. Worry built up as Erza was ordering men to find Ivan and check where the shots came from. 

"I said out my way" I spoke rushing toward Erza punched her right in the face sending her backwards. Both boys went pale but moved toward me. I moved fast out their way stealing Gray's glock while doing so. I was then out the room running down the hallway to see soldiers dead on the ground. "Lucy" I heard Irene's voice as I saw her up ahead as I looked toward the ground. "Target Precht has been dealt with" I spoke as I heard Irene walk up to me. I was shaking, going pale.

I was scared of the beatings and drugs but in end I was in shock to see she hugged me. "Dear child do not forget we are your real family, I was married to your Aunt after all" Irene whispered as Brandish was dragging Ivan's dead body over to us. "We have Fairies all over this ship there is over ten of them" Brandish spoke as Irene pulled away as I turned around to see Erza, Natsu and Gray looking toward us. "Lucy don't do this" Erza spoke as I aimed the glock toward her. "Now dear child finish this off, let us return home to the our Lord" Irene spoke as my free hand was shaking. 

I didn't want to do this yet I wanted to.