↳ 19. FACETIME

italics -tom and marley

TOM SMILED SOFTLY AFTER seeing Marley's face cover his phone screen, his lips turning into a soft smile

TOM SMILED SOFTLY AFTER seeing Marley's face cover his phone screen, his lips turning into a soft smile. "Hello, love." he could see the dark circles hidden away from concealer and the uneasy grin she gave him when the facetime first began.

Marley softly scowled at him, wondering how the hell the British boy could be in such a happy mood. "Stop being smiley and cute. It's going to make me smile." she shifted her phone onto her pillow before glancing away from the screen to her bedroom door.

"What?" Tom pretended to act innocent, "like this?" his smile widened as he held his phone in his hand, seeing the struggle in her eyes.

"Ugh, you're a dick ya know." she squinted at him before feeling the edges of her lips turn into a small grin.

"I don't try to be, Marley." he chuckled, running a hand through his hair before adjusting his phone from vertical position to horizontal. "But what's up?"

"Crippling loneliness and sleep deprivation. The usual." Marley mocked before rolling her eyes, "utter shit I tell you."

"I could tell. Why did you leave the groupchat?" Tom asked carefully sensing the topic was touchy, and took a seat on a sofa in his trailer.

"I got anxious, felt a lot of pressure just being there. I hope that they don't mind-"

"Marley, I think that leaving a groupchat is the least of their problems. No need to fret."

"Let me fret, Holland."

"Not a chance, David."

Marley laughed quietly, her eyes shutting for a moment in a content sigh. "Well, got any jokes?" she grabbed her phone and turned it sideways before resting it on her knees, secretly checking Tom out.

"Okay, I think I have a good one." Tom said before stretching his legs out in front of him and allowing the arm that held his phone to rest on the sofa.
"Knock knock."

"Who's there?" Marley asked and then got up from her bed, bringing her phone along with her to the kitchen because she was hungry and was craving cheese and crackers.

"Ya." he tried to hide the grin that was daring to show, already knowing how terrible this was.

"Ya who?"

"Yahoo! I'm just as psyched to see you too!"

"Did you just trick me into being enthusiastic?" she paused from her search for cheese and looked at her phone in clear disgust.

"Possibly." Tom smirked slyly.

"You know, I'll tell my dad's on you." Marley half-heartedly joked before finally finding swiss cheese hidden under some pizza. But after cheering loudly, the back of her head hit the top of her fridge, leaving the girl to groan softly and drop her phone on the floor.

"Marley? Love, are you alright?" Tom panicked, only seeing her face shoot with pain before only seeing black.

"Jesus- that fucking hurt." Marley groaned and grabbed her phone, turning it towards her. "Sorry Tommy, technical difficulties aka me being a klutz."

"Is that cheese?" Tom saw a baggie of Swiss cheese on the counter after Marley accidentally made the camera look the other way.

"Yeah, I'm craving cheese. Let me live, Holland." she sassed after she turned the camera the correct way, and grabbed a slice. She bit into it rather harshly in Tom's angle.

"Want to play 20 questions?"

"Will bad jokes and puns be involved?"

"Of course, Marley."

"Okay Thomas, go first then."

☆☆☆

I should mention that Marley's last name is pronounced "Dav-e-d" like Ziva David from NCIS. Not "Dave-id" like the first name.

and I hope y'all liked the gif i made at 12:45 am lol, aren't they just cute???