↳ 45. IRL

AT THE AFTER PARTY, Tom was sulking to the side

AT THE AFTER PARTY, Tom was sulking to the side. He was having no fun after what happened in the bathroom with Marley. It seemed that everyone knew something was up after Marley didn't come back and Tom looked slum. Seb was trying to cheer him up by changing the topic when Marley was brought up, but it seemed to be no use.

His mind was a mess. Everything he did to think about something else, it always lead to Marley. Like if he looked at any of the food there, he would think "Marley would just be fine with pizza." Or if he stared at the flower vases on the tables he'd think, "Marley's favorite flower is a sunflower." Tom was in a true predicament and he didn't know what to do about it.

It was hard for him. When one day you tell yourself you'll get over a girl by dating another, and trying your hardest to think about the girl your with and not the one you long for. That's why he's been so distant. That's they it seemed like he was ignoring Marley. Tom was trying to forget his feelings for Marley and start new ones with Liz, which obviously aren't blooming or even starting.

Tom never hated Cameron, he just envied how easy it was for Marley and him to act with one another. He never expected himself to lash out at her for being a jealous ass, but it happened after he bottled it all up. Tom couldn't talk about it with anyone. But it seemed that his internal struggle showed when he was out with the Civil War cast, or just out with friends and family. It's just that he never noticed it up then.

Tom didn't know Liz was tugging him away from the crowd until her face finally came into view, and his thoughts slowly swept away into nothingness. "What's wrong?" he soft voice asked him.

He looked at her blankly, unsure if he should give her a straight answer until she spoke again, "I know something happened between you and Marley while you left during the movie. I saw her leave before you did."

Tom was ashamed. His head lowered so his dark eyes hid from her blue ones. "Liz... I never meant to pull you into this."

Liz chuckled quietly before tilting his chin up with her fingers so he'd look at her. "I thought your feelings for Marley would go away after a while in our relationship, but I see that it's not the case."

"Was it that obvious?" he asked meekly and silently yelled at himself as Liz replied with a small nod.

"You deserve so much better, Liz. A true prince charming." Tom held her hands in his, as he smiled shyly. "So... no hard feelings?"

Liz shook her head, laughing lightly. "Nope, not at all. Now go get her, lover boy."

Tom smiled excitedly and quickly leaned forward to kiss her cheek. "Thank you so much."