↳ 25. IRL

MARLEY TOWARDS THE DOOR and groaned quietly with each step

MARLEY TOWARDS THE DOOR and groaned quietly with each step. She hated moving, especially when she was sick. Her fluffy blue blanket covered the top of her head to the floor, dragging behind her with each step. Her black rimmed glasses were falling off her nose and she had to push them back up every second.

The ringing from the doorbell kept going, which did not go well with her crippling headache, so when she ripped the door open, not so nice words came out of her mouth.

"Calm the fuck down, asshole."

"Aren't you a ray of sunshine, Marbles?" Tom joked, his voice soft and was slightly surprised to find her in glasses.

"Just get in here." Marley ignored the nickname and pull him in, shutting the door behind him, not noticing or caring about the plastic bags in his hands. "And don't be so loud."

"Are you having some sort of bad hangover?" Tom toed his shoes off before taking in the loft style apartment. He's only been here once before today, and even then he couldn't get over the face how incredibly organized it was.

"Nope, I'm not a fan of alcohol thanks for high school." the sick girl shook her head and plopped onto the couch.

"What happened?" he asked after placing the plastic bags on the counter and beginning to take various things out.

"Alinah and I thought we were so cool if we snuck into a senior party when we were sophmore. Ended up doing shit I regret and throwing my guts up afterwards."

"That doesn't sound like a lot of fun."

"And you are right."

The sound of the tv was the only thing that filled the silence between them. Marley was watching a tv show that Tom didn't know of, nor really cared of. The brit went on to make the soup silently and grinned when he heard her laugh at something going on the show.

"Are you humming Ed Sheeran?" Marley asked him after a while, lowering the volume to the tv. She sat up and turned around to find Tom humming as he chopped some vegetables.

"Maybe."

"Ed is my favorite singer ever, goodness Tom what isn't perfect about you?"

And after those words left her mouth, Marley felt flustered her eyes darting away and inching herself towards the other end of the couch.

"Was that a compliment from Marley David?" Tom looked towards her, smirking lightly at the blushing girl.

"Was that a compliment from Marley David?" Marley mocked his accent and pointed a finger at him. "It's a side affect from being sick."

"Are you sure?"

"Do you want to get punched in the face?"

¤ ¤ ¤

Tom found his arm wrapped around Marley, looking over her head as she flipped through Netflix. Her side was pressed up against his as her head rested itself on his chest, while his arm were safely placed over her waist as the other draped over the edge of the couch.

"Choose something, Marbles." he moaned boredly, throwing his head back onto the couch.

"You're not the one that sick, Tom-Tom." Marley said, her eyes not leaving the tv. "But fine, since someone is so eager to watch something." So being the mature 21 year old Marley was, she clicked on 'Phineas and Ferb.'

Tom beamed as he watched her sing along to the theme song of the show. Even though her voice remained scratchy and low, Marley somehow pulled it off. As for Marley, the sick girl was happy feeling the vibrations from his chest as he laughed at her.

"I know what we're doing today, Ferb." Marley mocked Phineas' voice, already feeling hyped about the show.

"Does he say that every episode?" Tom asked, trying to hide the grin on his face.

"Yeah, and as for Ferb- well, he doesn't say much. But he's british."

"Hey, like me."

"Yes Tom, exactly like you."

And that's how the next hour went. The two of them pressed up against one another as their eyes darted at the show. While one watched the show with child-like enjoyment, the other stole glances at them, secretly holding them closer every so often and the other didn't mind at all.