three. icu

I'VE BEEN PLAYING DEAD
MY WHOLE LIFE AND I GET THIS
FEELING WHENEVER I FEEL GOOD
IT'LL BE THE LAST TIME
phoebe bridgers

I'VE BEEN PLAYING DEADMY WHOLE LIFE AND I GET THIS FEELING WHENEVER I FEEL GOOD IT'LL BE THE LAST TIMEphoebe bridgers

"PERCY! I'VE MISSED YOU so much!" Rory squealed, attacking him with a hug.

"Whoa! Rory! I'm happy to see you too, but it's only been like a week," he chuckled softly.

"And it was far too long. Come on in! Are you hungry? I can make food or we could order something? We could just flip through channels or pop in one of my VHS tapes like last time?"

"Whatever you want to do is just fine," he smiled.

"So... drink wine?" She suggested.

Percy nodded, "If that's what you want. You know I'm never too picky. We'll have a good time, regardless."

Rory skipped over to the kitchen and grabbed an unopened bottle. Magic made opening wine bottles much easier. She poured a glass for her as well as Percy and brought the rest of it to the living room for easy refills.

"Gone out recently?" Percy asked.

Rory nodded, "He was a tall stranger with dark hair that I accidentally called Fred as he was, er... going down on me. He wasn't that good, and it made him stop and he left before we shagged so it was actually a good thing that I did that... you're judging me, aren't you?"

Rory never was too embarrassed when she was around Percy. They had seen each other stripped down to the most raw of emotions, often crying together some nights as they both believed they were the reason Fred died, or because they had to reject invitations from Molly because they felt out of place in the Weasley family and overall undeserving of love.

Percy sighed, "That doesn't sound like a good thing. You sure you're alright?"

"Positive," she said, downing the rest of her glass and pouring another.

"That was quick," Percy said, impressed. "You still getting nightmares?"

"Sometimes. I'm scared to tell Madame Perkins because I think she'll take it as me not doing okay and then we'll start from the beginning and she'll see me as a failure," Rory vented. "I had one like two nights ago where I was standing with him, just in our flat and he was saying we had to go help you and I couldn't stop it and I watched him walk away and I knew what was going to happen but this time it was all my fault. I woke up screaming and in a really disgusting cold sweat."

"Did telling me about it make you feel better?" He asked. She nodded. "That's good. I'm sorry that happened to you. You seem to be doing really well though."

"Emphasis on the seem," she pointed out, taking a long sip.

"Rory, slow down," Percy joked. "Since your nightmare, what have you done?"