twelve. elysium

BROTHER, DO YOU BELIEVE
IN AN AFTERLIFE?
bear's den

GOING OUT TO RANDOM MUGGLE CLUBS was something the McDowell twins did often

GOING OUT TO RANDOM MUGGLE CLUBS was something the McDowell twins did often. Hitting up random after parties was less common but still enjoyable.

It was a Tuesday night at around three in the morning but neither Cleo nor Zane were tired in the slightest. Uni students knew how to have fun which was something they didn't see a lot of with their magical friends. Everyone was too depressed to party.

The flat was full of drunk students just getting more drunk. They had successfully tagged along with a large group of people only a few years younger than them. The twins didn't seem out of place at all despite their pureblood status and wizarding education.

Cleo was slouched on a slightly stained couch with a red cup in her hand. Zane was next to her looking around the room, waiting for something entertaining to happen.

"Going out with you isn't as fun now that you're in a serious relationship," he scoffed.

Cleo rolled her eyes. "Go cry about it, Z. I'll have you know it's a slightly open relationship, however, I have yet to find someone I fancy as much as Luna."

"Wow," Zane sighed. He placed his hands on his heart and poured. "I'm touched."

"I'll give you three Galleons to leave me alone and go pull that guy by the refrigerator."

"His back is turned, Cleo. He could be a troll. Three Galleons to kiss a troll?"

She scoffed, "I've seen you do worse for less."

"You've convinced me." Zane sighed. He got up off the couch and walked towards the boy clad in a leather jacket with buzzed hair. Cleo decided she wanted to see Zane's attempt at flirting and went over to them.

Seeing her twin in uncomfortable situations was something she enjoyed in her own weirdly sadistic way.

"Excuse me," Zane said, scooching past the boy, "Just grabbing a dr — have we met before?"

Cleo snapped her head towards the boy and nearly fainted. Doppelgängers existed though, right? It was possible that some people just look like other people, right?

"What's your name?" Cleo asked, making her presence known.

"Matthew Bridges. But please, call me Matty," the boy said. Cleo noticed he had painted nails and was very tall. Freckles danced across his nose and she couldn't exactly tell in the light, but his eyes looked a bright blue.

Any doubt Cleo had in her mind was washed away once she saw the small details of him.

She didn't want to jump to conclusions though.

"Where are you from, Matty?" She asked.

He shrugged, "Not sure. I'm an orphan so I could be from wherever. What about you two? I mean — assuming you're siblings. If you're together then you might want to do a DNA test."