ten. all too well

JUST BETWEEN US DID THE LOVE AFFAIR MAIM YOU TOO?
taylor swift

JUST BETWEEN US DID THE LOVE AFFAIR MAIM YOU TOO?taylor swift

GEORGE LAY AWAKE AT NIGHT thinking about her. He hadn't spoken to her in months and fuck, did he miss her. He didn't think after Fred's death that he'd be capable of loving anyone, let alone someone like Kirsty. He felt a void without her, truly. He drove her away. There was no one else to blame but himself for her quitting the shop. He had treated her badly when she needed him most. He could never forgive himself.

He looked outside and saw snow. It was the first snowfall of the year. There was something so deeply nostalgic about the weather. Kirsty loved snow. It made him think of the Yule Ball. The snow was so beautiful and soft that night, just like her skin... He needed to see her again.

He tried to think of what made her quit. He thought he made up for what he did when he made her dinner. They talked about nothing yet everything and he left her home feeling warm. But the next day she sent him a letter of resignation.

Was that her plan all along? Was that why she hired Ron? Had she been wanting to quit for a while? Was it just too hard for her to see him every day with how she felt? She loved him yet he wasn't capable of feeling the same. Or did he? It was hard for him to decipher love from wanting. He wanted to be around her all the time but did that equate to love? He didn't think so at first but now he wasn't so sure.

George needed to talk to someone who understood. The only person that understood him though, was her. She was the most patient person he knew. It seemed as though he had tested her patience a little too much. Still, he needed to reach out.

A soft meow came from beside him and he looked to see Vincent jumping onto his bed and snuggling beside him.

"What should I do, Vinnie?" He sighed.

The cat just meowed again. George pet him and he purred softly. The man smiled to himself.

"I think I need to take a walk... clear my head a bit." He said to the cat. Vincent meowed and George got out of bed. He threw on a coat and a scarf that was sitting in his drawer. It was black and yellow striped and for some reason he couldn't remember where it came from.

He stepped outside of the shop and walked down the snow-covered cobblestone road. A few street lights were still on. George shoved his hands in his pockets and walked without any destination.

As he did, it seemed a film reel began to play in his mind. It started with the Yule Ball. They were so young and naive and indestructible. If he concentrated enough, he could still taste her cherry lips. Snowflakes cling to his eyelashes both presently, and in the memory. His vision was blurry but his mind was more clear than ever.