five. the chain

AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW
YOU WILL NEVER LOVE ME AGAIN.
I CAN STILL HEAR YOU SAYING
YOU WOULD NEVER BREAK THE CHAIN
fleetwood mac

KIRSTY STEPPED INTO THE empty Weasley Wizard Wheezes and let out a heavy sigh because it was, well, empty

KIRSTY STEPPED INTO THE empty Weasley Wizard Wheezes and let out a heavy sigh because it was, well, empty. Lucky for her, Verity had done a great job closing the night before and the shop was practically ready for opening.

The owner just needed to make an appearance. So, she trudged up the steps to George's flat and knocked. The knocking turned into banging and no response. The next best thing was to use her spare key and unlock it herself. To her surprise, the flat was fairly clean. Aside from a few dirty dishes lying about, she was impressed. The door to his bedroom was open, the spare was tightly shut. She sighed and crept into his room. He was sound asleep, his duvet on the floor as a result of his night thrashing he was known for. She smiled to herself for a moment. However, just because he was cute didn't mean that he didn't have responsibilities. So, she softly shook him awake in a very motherly way.

"Georgie! Rise and shine, my sweetie," she giggled with sarcasm. "You've got a shop to run."

He groaned and brought his hands to his eyes, rubbing them slowly before opening them. He let out another groan, "Kirsty!"

"George!" she said, grabbing his hand, attempting to pull him up. However, he pulled away and his hand went limp. "You're lucky I'm being nice, Weasley! It's a bloody Saturday and there is no way I'm facing those children alone! Verity isn't coming in until two and —"

"Okay, fine! I'll get up! Just please stop... yapping," he huffed, getting up slowly.

"My yapping is the only thing that works on you!" She crossed her arms as he got out of bed and stood up.

"Don't forget your magic Veela powers," he teased.

Kirsty rolled her eyes. "No magic powers. I'm just hot." She pivoted on her heel and walked out the door. As she opened the front door leading down to the steps, she shouted behind her, "I'll see you in five minutes! Don't worry about breakfast, I'll run down to the Gemini!"

"Way to avoid opening the till!"

She smirked, "You know it!" She hurried down the steps and out the door. The nine am sunshine hit her skin, and a breeze lifted her honey blonde hair off of her shoulders.

Diagon Alley was fairly empty, nothing but shop owners opening up for the day just like her. The Gemini Cafe, however, was always open before anyone else for the sole reason to serve the workers of the neighboring shops.

She approached the blush and white painted storefront with a smile and opened the door. A soft bell rang as she did and instantly the smell of coffee and sugar entered her nose. Zane McDowell was leaning on the front counter, his palms rested against the marble, grinning as if he'd been expecting her.