six. somebody that i used to know

NOW AND THEN I THINK OF ALL THE TIMES YOU SCREWED ME OVER
BUT HAD ME BELIEVING IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING THAT I'D DONE.
gotye

"These are great seats, love

"These are great seats, love. Angelina is a really good friend. I'm glad you have her." Andrew smiled.

"Yeah, I am. I just wish he wasn't going to be here." Rory shuddered. She was dreading seeing George.

All of their fighting aside, there was something so wrong to worry about seeing his face full of life and color while Fred's was just an apparition. Not that it should've been George who died, just that it shouldn't have been Fred. Her grief was especially bad that day. Quidditch was a sore subject for a multitude of reasons.

Fred was just another thing he shared with Rory when they were together. The late night and early morning practices he made her excited to go to. The endless times they'd cheer each other on. The playful games in his garden when she stayed at his for the summer. The last time she saw Fred at Hogwarts before the war he flew away on his broom. There was an emotional attachment to the sport beyond it being a thing she did for five years of her life.

She also remembered the conversation Andrew and Cordelia were having that night at Aunt Muriel's when Remus came. They were talking about the very first match after the war, if people would want to go at all or if the sport would even come back. Then Remus came and told them all that Aaron was gone. Rory had yet to wipe her father's face that day from her memory.

Rory knew she should've been happy and grateful to have gotten such great tickets to such a hot event. However, she hated being there for her own selfish reasons.

"And are you sure you don't want any snacks before the game?" Andrew asked.

"I'm sure, Dad, but thank you," Rory sighed. Then, out of the corner of her eye, she saw him. She saw his bright red hair and heard his laughter and for a moment, her heart got excited because that hair and that laugh belonged to Fred. Fred wasn't there though. It was George.

"You'll be alright, Ror," Andrew whispered. Rory nodded and kept her eyes on the pitch. She didn't plan on engaging with him at all. At least, that was her plan.

"Rory!" A perky Scottish voice beamed from beside her. Rory had no choice but to turn her head and see the beautiful woman next to her. Just behind her was George.

"Kirsty! Hello!" Rory smiled. "You look great! How are you?"

Kirsty really did look great. She was wearing a yellow sundress with black sandals, black nail polish, and a black hat with yellow stitching sitting on her blonde curls that said Wimbourne Wasps EST. 1312. She had matched the team colors perfectly yet in the most stunning way. Rory was feeling very plain in her yellow and black striped shirt and denim shorts.

"I'm fantastic, Rory! You look beautiful yourself! I hope everything is well and you're taking care of Hogwarts, yeah?"

Rory nodded. "I start my official first term teaching soon but I couldn't be more excited. What have you been up to?"