thirteen. scott street

DO YOU FEEL ASHAMED
WHEN YOU HEAR MY NAME?
phoebe bridgers

DO YOU FEEL ASHAMEDWHEN YOU HEAR MY NAME?phoebe bridgers

Andy,

I think we should meet up to talk about this. How about Tuesday, 7 pm, The Leaky Cauldron?

Dee

"Who's that from?" Cordelia asked. "What? You've been staring at it all night, I'm curious." The woman said as she changed into her pajamas.

"Have you put Emily to bed yet?" Andrew asked.

Cordelia nodded and sat down at the foot of the bed next to her husband.

"You know the McDowell girl, Cleo?"

The blonde nodded.

"She told me that she... that she saw Aaron." Andrew took a deep breath.

Cordelia covered her mouth and her eyes widened. "What? How is that possible?"

"I thought it was crazy at first too but then I thought about it... I had a friend, you know, Dealla, who was really skilled at memory charms."

"Yeah, I remember that from Rory's birthday. How is that connected to Aaron though?"

"She married a Death Eater after the first war. Well, she didn't know he was one at the time but... whatever. It occurred to me that maybe she was at Malfoy Manor after Aaron was taken and maybe spared him or something. I wrote to her asking about it and this was her response." He handed Cordelia the letter and she began to cry.

"This is unbelievable," she said with a shaky breath. "I can't wrap my head around this... I never thought — "

Andrew nodded and gently grabbed his wife's hand. "I know, love. But if there's even a chance this could be true I need to do everything I can."

"I know," she said quietly. "I love you, Andy. Please don't let this destroy you, though. Please."

"I promise."

They both knew that that was a lie. Andrew couldn't do anything without allowing it to consume his entire being. He couldn't sleep that night and couldn't focus at work all day. All he could think about was meeting with Dealla.

When the time came up as six fifty-five, he stepped into his fireplace and said "The Leaky Cauldron". He saw her right away. She was sitting at their old table, how nostalgic. It was also hard to miss her frizzy mane of brown curls that sat atop her head. She smiled at him and he walked towards her.

Andrew didn't like to think about the last time he saw Dealla. He didn't like to think of the person he was when they were friends. He wasn't a fan of burying the past but some things are better left unsaid.

"Hey, Andy." She smiled.

"Dealla," he sighed, sitting down across from her. "Long time no see."

"How long has it been?"