eleven. what's my age again?

NOBODY LIKES YOU WHEN YOU'RE TWENTY THREE!
blink-182
[cw: alcohol consumption, mentions of
suicide towards the end]

NOBODY LIKES YOU WHEN YOU'RE TWENTY THREE!blink-182[cw: alcohol consumption, mentions of suicide towards the end]

"Okay, give me a rundown of what we've gone over so I know you remember," Rory pestered.

"You have a strangely close relationship with your dad, your real mother is a cunt, your brother is dead, your ex-boyfriend is dead, his twin brother is going to be here, your baby sister might have the sixth sense and you have an amazing vagina," Cassius listed.

Rory lightly smacked his arm, "Shut up."

"Hey, I only agreed to do this because you said you'd let me take you on a proper date afterward. Also, it sounds fun. I want to meet all your favorite people."

"Well, you've already met Angie. I wouldn't call George one of my favorite people. When you meet Kirsty you might want to end our fake relationship which is fine but I'm pretty sure she's got a thing with George."

Cassius scoffed, "Are these people really your friends?"

Rory paused — she really didn't have any friends aside from Angelina. She sort of was friends with Lee and didn't hate being around Kirsty. George was still a complicated topic.

"Kind of?" Rory sighed. She didn't want Cassius to think she was a loser, but perhaps it was too late. She rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand. She then knocked on the door to her parents' house and seconds later, Cory opened up.

"Oh! Hello!" She beamed, "you must be Cassius! Wow, it's lovely to meet you. And Rory, happy birthday! Come on in you must be freezing."

Rory and Cassius stepped inside and removed their coats. Cordelia took them and put them in the closet. Rory reattached herself to Cassius and entered the living room where Andy was sitting at the piano playing "Vienna".

"Hey, sweetheart," he said without looking up. "Want to play the melody for me?"

"Dad," Rory cleared her throat. "I'd love you but..."

"Hm?" He questioned, finally looking up from the piano. "Oh!" Andrew abruptly stopped playing and stood up. "It's nice to meet you, Cassius. I'm Andy." He said, shaking the man's hand.

"You as well, sir. Rory has told me loads about the two of you."

"Your other guests should be arriving soon. Actually, there's George and Kirsty outside now!" Cordelia smiled. Rory squeezed Cassius' hand and realized he was going to be her security blanket for the night.

Cordelia greeted them at the door and they stepped in. Immediately, George's face fell when he saw Rory and Cassius.

"Kirsty! George! This is my boyfriend, Cassius." Rory said rather proudly.

Cassius smiled and reached out to shake both of their hands. "Very nice to meet you both."

Kirsty looked over and Rory and smiled. She shot her a thumbs up and mouthed "Good job".
"H-How long have you two been together?" George asked, unamused.