Messages are dangerous

She had just put her earbuds in her ears and began blasting the song "Her Last Words" when her phone buzzed. She picked it up, wondering who had texted her. She had all but disappeared from society, preferring to be alone with her music and a razor blade.
She saw that name, the name of someone who she had never expected to reach out to her again. It had only been a week, but it had been a week without a word. Those three simple letters. 'Hey.' Hadn't he hurt her enough? It would be best if he never spoke to her again. Maybe she should just ignore it. Nothing good could come from it. But yet her heart got the best of her. She responded, just mimicking his message.
Him:what's up?
Her: Do you really wanna know?
Him: I always want to know
Her: I was just listening to that stupid song and crying
Him: Never mind, I didn't want to know
Her: Thought so.
Him: I'm so sorry. So so sorry. Not only for you but for me too. I miss you so much.
Her: I miss you too. I've been a mess, if you couldn't tell.
She knew she shouldn't have said that. But he was the only thing that could make the ache in her chest subside.
Him: I can tell.
Her: everyone can. I'm crying
Him: for the first time, me too
Her: I just... I can't stand the thought of you looking at another girl the way I thought you looked at me, like she put the stars in the sky.
Him: there is no, was no, will be no other girl. I'm yours.

Her heart skipped a beat, but this was too good to be true.

Her: where have I heard that before? You're lying to me.Why don't you just go sleep with the next random slut you find and forget about me.
Him: Because i CANT.

Her resolve crumbled. He wanted her. He wanted her.

Her:  I miss you so much. I've been trying not to cry.
Him: be prepared, because tomorrow the tears of joy are going to stream. I'll scoop you up in my arms and whisper how much you mean to me.
Her: ❤️
Him: Goodnight love.
And once again she let herself be caught in his web